· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your son's recovery - Slaphppy7   Healing prayers for Henry - RiversGirl   DIY water chnager, nice job! - Slaphppy7   My heart goes out to you and your little boy.  He is so strong and so are you. - angelcraze2   Healing prayers for little Henry (superman) - Silbar   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    I used Levamisole to get rid of the infestation, and fed Fenbendazole after and I feed Fenbendazole to new fish as prophylaxis in QT.

I got Levamisole HCI off someone from Ebay and followed these instructions
    https://www.loaches.com/Members/shar...ydrochloride-1

I bought Thomas Lab fishbendazole off Amazon https://www.amazon.ca/Bendazole-250m.../dp/B009TAQ4OI
    and followed these instructions for dosing
    https://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/...s/19108?page=1
    As soon as I clicked the link it switched me to amazon.ca ha!
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Oh haha, well it's the same in the US :) But probably cheaper
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your son's recovery - Slaphppy7   Healing prayers for Henry - RiversGirl   DIY water chnager, nice job! - Slaphppy7   My heart goes out to you and your little boy.  He is so strong and so are you. - angelcraze2   Healing prayers for little Henry (superman) - Silbar   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   

0 Not allowed!
    See any reason why I can't transfer the QT fish here in about a week? I haven't waited several months like you are saying you do but it will have been 5 or 6 weeks with the latest addition and I believe 8 or 10 with the other 3.
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Did I ever post @Rocksor's QT plan?

When treating nematodes, it's always recommended to do a second treatment 2 weeks later. This is to get any baby worms.
    @Rocksor does a Levamisole treatment one week, (it's a day treatment, but changes water the rest of the time to remove med) a Prazi treatment the next week , then another Levamisole treatment the 3rd week.

I just wouldn't want to be responsible for not letting you know if you happen to have an outbreak.

I used to keep them in QT for months in hope to catch possible internal issues, but now that I treat prophylactically, 5 or 6 weeks is possible.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    ...If only I knew how to switch my Amazon account back to the US...
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Did I ever post @Rocksor's QT plan?

When treating nematodes, it's always recommended to do a second treatment 2 weeks later. This is to get any baby worms.
    @Rocksor does a Levamisole treatment one week, (it's a day treatment, but changes water the rest of the time to remove med) a Prazi treatment the next week , then another Levamisole treatment the 3rd week.

I just wouldn't want to be responsible for not letting you know if you happen to have an outbreak.

I used to keep them in QT for months in hope to catch possible internal issues, but now that I treat prophylactically, 5 or 6 weeks is possible.
    You did post his plan. I read it. Seems pretty flawless.
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    You are supposed to mix one of those packets with 4 oz of food...that's a lot!
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mspringer View Post
    You are supposed to mix one of those packets with 4 oz of food...that's a lot!
    A lot of food? Or meds? It's 1/8 tsp Fenben in two cubes of beefheart that he used in the link. Idk where the dosing instructions are that I used, or if I just used 1/8 teaspoon in two tablespoons of Repashy gel food, but I didn't use the Focus and just added the Fenben to the gel after stirring and cooling for one minute. You have to use boiling water for the Repashy and in case high heat degrades the med, I wait a minute to add it.
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 11-21-2018 at 07:53 PM.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I'm not sure what an ounce is. If it's a fluid ounce? One pack is 250 mg and is mixed into 4 oz, so if you reduce that it's 31.25 mg per 0.5 oz. Still a lot I think.....

Atm, i'm not sure how to reduce that further, but I know I used the 1/8 tsp fenben powder in some food equaling about 2 cubes of frozen food.
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 11-21-2018 at 08:07 PM.
    -Kat

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast