· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your son's recovery - Slaphppy7   Healing prayers for Henry - RiversGirl   DIY water chnager, nice job! - Slaphppy7   My heart goes out to you and your little boy.  He is so strong and so are you. - angelcraze2   Healing prayers for little Henry (superman) - Silbar   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   

0 Not allowed!
    I'm on day 3 of feeding Epsom salts in both tanks. After that plan to do a 2 day break, move the snail to the main tank then treat the Qt tank with prazipro for a week. After that will likely move the at fish to the main tank. Thoughts?
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Did you treat for nematodes? I can't remember.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your son's recovery - Slaphppy7   Healing prayers for Henry - RiversGirl   DIY water chnager, nice job! - Slaphppy7   My heart goes out to you and your little boy.  He is so strong and so are you. - angelcraze2   Healing prayers for little Henry (superman) - Silbar   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Did you treat for nematodes? I can't remember.
    Thus far the only thing I have done is feeding the salts.
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    It's your choice to treat for possible worms. A dewormer like Levamisole in the water or Fenbendazole in the food would treat that. The epsom salt is to prophylactically treat against the parasite responsible for Hexamita. I also feed Epsom Salts to fish while deworming (or in the dewormer food) to act as a laxative and help the fish to pass any worms. I am not sure yet if the two Epsom Salt treatments can be effectively combined. I'm also not sure if PraziPro is needed to get other internal parasites that Epsom Salts and dewormers do not, or if it's typically used in QT as prophylaxis only for external parasites I'm personally confident that keep them QT for long enough to spot external issues, but I treat for the internal ones I may not notice. It's what I do with new fish, but I already have the dewormers and I've been burned already.
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 11-17-2018 at 12:39 AM.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Well got the prazi put in the QT today.

Checked ammonia and nitrates in the main tank. Mystery snail is now in the main tank and it's been about 10 days since I did a water change because we've been swamped. Ammonia 0 and nitrates still only 5 even after 10 days I think my plants are starting to take off and reduce the nitrates. This gives me some level of confidence that I can add 4 more danios and still be comfortable.

Cory fin nips kindof come and go but right now they are looking pretty good again.

The snail is awesome! It is such an active one and is cleaning what brown algae is in the tank very well.

Life is good.
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Oh good, i'm glad everything is coming together and balancing out for you. Best to treat against everything once and be confident you won't have to deal with something in the main tank IMO.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    What specific brand of dewormer do you use? I didn't see many choices for aquatics on Amazon.
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I used Levamisole to get rid of the infestation, and fed Fenbendazole after and I feed Fenbendazole to new fish as prophylaxis in QT.

I got Levamisole HCI off someone from Ebay and followed these instructions
    https://www.loaches.com/Members/shar...ydrochloride-1

I bought Thomas Lab fishbendazole off Amazon https://www.amazon.ca/Bendazole-250m.../dp/B009TAQ4OI
    and followed these instructions for dosing
    https://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/...s/19108?page=1
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    I used Levamisole to get rid of the infestation, and fed Fenbendazole after and I feed Fenbendazole to new fish as prophylaxis in QT.

I got Levamisole HCI off someone from Ebay and followed these instructions
    https://www.loaches.com/Members/shar...ydrochloride-1

I bought Thomas Lab fishbendazole off Amazon https://www.amazon.ca/Bendazole-250m.../dp/B009TAQ4OI
    and followed these instructions for dosing
    https://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/...s/19108?page=1
    Prazi treats for several types of worms though right? Flat worms, flukes...
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mspringer View Post
    Prazi treats for several types of worms though right? Flat worms, flukes...
    Yep :) You got it! Although I don't think flukes are a nematode. Prazi is not effective against Callamanus and other nematodes, that's what the dewormer is for.
    -Kat

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast