· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your son's recovery - Slaphppy7   Healing prayers for Henry - RiversGirl   DIY water chnager, nice job! - Slaphppy7   My heart goes out to you and your little boy.  He is so strong and so are you. - angelcraze2   Healing prayers for little Henry (superman) - Silbar   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   

Default 38 gallon, 40 gallon long, or 40 gallon breeder

0 Not allowed!
    So the wife has decided she thinks the fish tank would look nice in the basement. That being said I'm working with a different/larger stand.

I still don't want a very large tank wanting something in the 40 gallon range.

The wife likes the look of the 40 long but I'm not convinced I like the height of either of the 40s. Right now in the 29 with the extra height the danios and serpaes that I have seem to spread out nice.

What's your vote?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    40b................
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your son's recovery - Slaphppy7   Healing prayers for Henry - RiversGirl   DIY water chnager, nice job! - Slaphppy7   My heart goes out to you and your little boy.  He is so strong and so are you. - angelcraze2   Healing prayers for little Henry (superman) - Silbar   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    40b................
    I already knew what your vote was lol!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I just like the look of a longer tank.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

2 Not allowed!
    Then get what you like

I prefer the "depth" of a 40B, from front to back glass..more scaping options with that 18"

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family :-) - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you too! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congrats! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    With tetras,a 40 gallon long will be preferable to them, giving them the extra length to school.
    You will be amazed at how much more tetras will school.
    But, if you are looking for more of a spread out look, shoaling rather than schooling, a taller tank will achieve this.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    I'd also vote for the 40B. Long enough (36") for most tetras and danios, wide enough (18") to make aquascaping easier, and not too tall (16"), which also makes aquascaping easier while allowing for both top and bottom dwellers to have their space.

One of my tanks is a 20" tall, 25g tank which I got because I had angelfish. I wanted the height for them, which they needed but I didn't like working in it. Since I lost my last angel, I'm actually thinking of retiring this tank in the next year. I like my 40B because of the particular stocking I am able to have in there, but my favorite tanks are actually my 20g longs. These are more suited to nano fish, but I happen to love those.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Right now my tank is basically 19 tall and the fish separate into 3 different stratus which I like. I guess I'm afraid that with either of the 40 gallon tanks I would lose that.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    They would adjust to 16" just fine

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    They would adjust to 16" just fine
    Think so? Probably opens up the stocking options quite a bit. Could increase the cory and serpae size quite a bit.