· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your son's recovery - Slaphppy7   Healing prayers for Henry - RiversGirl   DIY water chnager, nice job! - Slaphppy7   My heart goes out to you and your little boy.  He is so strong and so are you. - angelcraze2   Healing prayers for little Henry (superman) - Silbar   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SueD View Post
    If you can handle both the 48" length of the 55g and 18" width of the 40B, then why not look at the 75G? You then get the added height you're wanting.
    I think the weight is my main concern. My wife likes the fish tank but she also likes her furnature so I'm limited to using the furniture that we have.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your son's recovery - Slaphppy7   Healing prayers for Henry - RiversGirl   DIY water chnager, nice job! - Slaphppy7   My heart goes out to you and your little boy.  He is so strong and so are you. - angelcraze2   Healing prayers for little Henry (superman) - Silbar   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   

2 Not allowed!
    A local fish stire(not petco) is having a dollar per gallon sale right now so I may very well pull the trigger on something today.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   Celebrating your amazing restoration work! - showmebutterfly   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    That's a tough question. I think if I were you I'd stick with the 40b. Like I said the extra depth is so nice to work with. If you don't have fish in mind that need the 55g min I'd stick with the 40b. If you are thinking live plants you will appreciate the extra depth since you can fit more layers of plants in it front to back.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    So it turns out that fish store didn't have a dollar per gallon sale, they had a warehouse full of crappy used tanks for a dollar per gallon...that being said I didn't get a new tank yet. I'm holding off for a deal on something nice/new.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mspringer View Post
    What if I threw a 55 into the mix? Would you still pick the 40b? How about the rest of you?
    For me personally, I'd pick a 40B - with it's wide floor - over a 55 as well.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your patience with a fish-in cycle. - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    i love my 40b! But I only have one tank, so I'm partial

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    I would vote for the 40b because of it's looks and versatility in stocking and landscaping.
    Sil's 2nd Time Around 75G...Journal
    Sil's 75G...Journal
    Sil's 20L...Journal
    Sil's 10G...Journal

RIP Deb, we miss you.

Real courage is moving forward when the outcome is uncertain~~Fortune Cookie

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    So against popular recommendation I got a 38 gallon today. 36 log 20 tall 12 deep. In the end it is just what we thought looked best on the stand we want to put it on. Should give me the option to comfortably increase the school sizes of what I have.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Congrats on your new tank!
    In the end, it is your tank, sitting in your home. You are your family are the ones whose opinions count.
    The rest is just gathering options, really.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   Celebrating your amazing restoration work! - showmebutterfly   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Awesome! I'm glad you got the tank you wanted! Check out fb if you need equipment for it. I've been seeing some good deals on there lately for lighting and filters.