· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Haha that's funny about the pickle jar (mmmmm, pickle juice).

Those microworms didn't pan out for me. I had that initial batch that smelled heavily of yeast and made a new culture but it bombed on me because I was stupid and left the lid off the container overnight and it all dried out.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - Hockey nut   Congrats on the baby Dupe - Silbar   No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    Unfortunately, my attempt to raise the angelfish was short-lived. Despite daily water changes, keeping the tank clean, loading it with huge water lettuce and the salvinia, and feeding the fry three times a day (morning, afternoon, and evening), for some reason the fry never grew and each day I would come home from work and find more and more dead fry resting on the bottom of the tank.

After all the work and attention I put into the endeavor, I feel quite discouraged and unsure whether I wish to try again.
    Sorry to hear this. But this is what happened to me, also, with a very large spawn. My fry were only in a 2.5g tank. I had 5 that made it to my LFS, however. Later, my male beat up the female badly and she didn't make it. It was a lot of work but I'm glad I tried it at least once.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   You will win this battle against the nematodes. - RiversGirl   teacher/friend - marc4   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    Haha that's funny about the pickle jar (mmmmm, pickle juice).

Those microworms didn't pan out for me. I had that initial batch that smelled heavily of yeast and made a new culture but it bombed on me because I was stupid and left the lid off the container overnight and it all dried out.
    Awww bummer :( yea I let my batches crash too. I will try my best to keep the next one going tho!

You know I washed out the pickle jar right? Hahaha, I had nothing, no breeder net, no extra heater, so the pickle just rested on something (I forget what) in the tank to prop the jar opening above the water level. So ghetto, but I ended up holding on to the fish too long and crashed my 29g grow out. I had to rehome a bunch of them fast! Also, back then before I learned about kh, my pH would drop below 6. Oh how we learn in this hobby!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   You will win this battle against the nematodes. - RiversGirl   teacher/friend - marc4   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Here's an article I haven't heard a chance to read yet, but some nice info on angel fry
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/scialert...s.2010.311.315

Ok, I skim read it. I think my issue might have been temperature. I may have had it at 78F. 31C is considered the best temp in this study
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 10-11-2018 at 09:34 PM.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Oh wow! Yeah I kept mine at 78.8F. Way lower than what the article stated.