· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trimming leaves

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Trimming leaves

0 Not allowed!
    Hello AC and good morning . I know the answer is already here somewhere but I cant find it so here goes ......Should I ever have to trim off the floating leaves and stems from my Lily plant. Right now there are @18 stems with leaves floating on the surface with @4 more on the way ,, All leaves are still healthy with good colors and nothing wilting around edges YET. I love the look but dont want the plant to drain itself to quick . ANY thoughts All opinions welcome.have a good day and will reply after work .. THANK YOU

Latest gifts & ribbons:

hero to a crayfish - RiversGirl   

1 Not allowed!
    I don't have much experience with this specific water plant, but I think the only reason you would want to take off healthy leaves would be either to reduce overcrowding, prepare for winter dormancy, or to possibly induce flowering. Always trim off dead/dying leaves. I hope this helps!
    It's better to have and not need then to need and not have; this is especially true when you're dealing with fish and you need itch medication.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    That sounds like a pretty impressive single lily plant! I don't let my lilies reach the surface (not intentionally anyway) but none of them have 18 stems. Wow. I think if the plant is still sending up new stems, it's doing fine. I just find that the leaves block out a lot of light for plants beneath, so if that's not bothering you and you love the look, you're doing fine :)
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    That sounds like a pretty impressive single lily plant! I don't let my lilies reach the surface (not intentionally anyway) but none of them have 18 stems. Wow. I think if the plant is still sending up new stems, it's doing fine. I just find that the leaves block out a lot of light for plants beneath, so if that's not bothering you and you love the look, you're doing fine :)
    Nah its not botherimg anything with so much cover because the current has made them grow towards the side with very few plants underneath it , so the shade is perfect right now . . The tank is a 60gallon tall with the lily almost centered up near back . I added swords yesterday on the bright side also a bunch more smaller river rocks to the left side ... CANT wait to post a pic but i always have the hardest time with the process that i usually give up so i will be asking for help with that ...And thank you too BBJ .

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Are you on a desktop/laptop PC, or a mobile device?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Im answering now ae a test from my phone.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Ah, I only know how to post pics from a PC...I still use a flip-phone, lol

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I'm also on my pc but i dont have a way to download pics to pc from phone.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Is the AC's FB page still running . Ifso i could post all my fish pics on there.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaSL1 View Post
    I'm also on my pc but i dont have a way to download pics to pc from phone.
    No USB cord from phone to PC?

Or send them to your email on PC?

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaSL1 View Post
    Is the AC's FB page still running . Ifso i could post all my fish pics on there.
    Yes it is newly revamped too, but some of us (me included) don't have a FB account...I personally never will