· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Neon Tetras

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    It definitely depends on how available certain characins are, a flame tetra could be $2.50 while a super blue kerri tetra could be double that. Still pretty cheap, but when you're buying a group of them, it adds up. Usually, a juvenile angelfish without special genetics will go for $5-7. If you're buying 6 angelfish at 7$, that's $42 and a group of 15 cheap tetras is roughly the same cost.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SueD View Post
    And take 40% off that price it's $2+
    That's my mistake then, I thought the online price I saw included the 40% discount

When did a customer get the see the true price, after adding items to a cart?

You said it was store-wide, for a few days, so the sale is still on today?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    That's my mistake then, I thought the online price I saw included the 40% discount

When did a customer get the see the true price, after adding items to a cart?

You said it was store-wide, for a few days, so the sale is still on today?
    At checkout, you add a coupon code (SEPTEMBER40) for price reduction. Sale ended today. It was 30% off Sept 8-9 then 35% off Sept 10-11 and 40% off Sept 12-13. I waited until it was 40% off. Looks to me like they are trying to make room for new stock

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Looking forward to seeing your new fish, Sue. I hope you are delighted with them!
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

To new fish! - Slaphppy7   Second round ;) - Slaphppy7   It's a hot toddy. - Taurus   Here's to the "blue ribbon" tetra! - Slaphppy7   Hope you had a happy birthday! We are both March babies :) - discusluv   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Like RG; I'm just looking forward to seeing them in your tank, something to look for as a future inhabitant of one of my tanks for sure ;-)
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    I've just received bad news about these black diamond neon tetras. As they were pulling the tetras to prepare to ship, they spotted one with Ich, so they have stopped my order which included a few amano shrimp. Not sure what to do. I can wait for them to treat and make sure the tetras are cleared of Ich, I can refund just the fish and receive the shrimp, or refund the entire order. If I do the latter, they will give me a gift code to use in the future in the amount I would have saved through this sale.

I haven't had to deal with Ich, yet, although I know it can often easily be cured. But especially because these are a neon tetra - just a color morph - I'm leaning toward just canceling them. I know neons can be sensitive and I really don't want additional problems later.

Good for Aquatic Arts staff though, for looking closely as they prepare fish for shipment.

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

To new fish! - Slaphppy7   Second round ;) - Slaphppy7   It's a hot toddy. - Taurus   Here's to the "blue ribbon" tetra! - Slaphppy7   Hope you had a happy birthday! We are both March babies :) - discusluv   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I'm sorry this happened, I know what it's like when your looking forward to something new
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler58 View Post
    I'm sorry this happened, I know what it's like when your looking forward to something new
    And I just set up one of my 5.5g tanks that has been empty and cleaned for a long time to use as quarantine, which I never do. So now the tank has water, plants, a heater and filter. I was just going to transfer seeded media from other tanks when the fish arrived. I can drain it again or look to fill it with something else We shall see.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SueD View Post
    Good for Aquatic Arts staff though, for looking closely as they prepare fish for shipment.
    Yes -- that's good on them. I'm sorry for your disappointment.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry to hear it worked out this way, bummer
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast