· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksor View Post
    If those did not work, then you need to use a small pipette with an airline tubing and force feed a small amount of the epsom solution.
    OP has not yet treated with Metro and Prazi.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I gave Gyrodol which the active ingridient is prazi and i started a treatmet with metro in the water and in food. did the dourth dose of metro yeaterday and i think about continue to six doses. what do you think? and the epsom salt need to be only at the end of treatment? the fish are eating so i can give the epsom like you said

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

0 Not allowed!
    feed epsom salt solution during treatment for 5 days with every feeding.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Hi, yesterday one of the goldfish has started to show signs of breathing distress,hanging on the top of the tank breathing very fast with his mouth open. i also saw him scratching on the glass a few times,he also dosent eat.its the same goldfish that was lethargic a few days ago.Assuming its gill flukes I treated with Gyrodol by JBL {praziquantel} yesterday and there isnt any imrovment for now.How much time do you think it supposed to take till imrovmrnt shows? Do you think i should try other meds ot treatments{like salt}? Do ou think it might be something else besides gill flukes?There was an overall improvment in the tank after the metro treatment with more healthy poop,however the bloated one is still bloated and this fish is still pooping white poop. i atrted yesterday with the epsom salt treatment with the food. Im alo thinking wether or not i should quarntine him,the cons mostly are the stress factor for him,when he has such and hard time breathing i think even a little stress can be very bad.
    another thing is ther treatment routine of the Gyrodol,The med saying to treat the tank once{dosgae is 10ml which is 15mg of prazi for 50 L} then wait 48 hours then water change 50% and the reapeat after 7 days,i know there are other protocols and dosages with prazi, do you reccomend something else? Thank you
    Last edited by SaveThemAll1; 10-04-2018 at 07:44 PM.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    @angelcraze2 @Rocksor @discusluv ill appreciate your advice

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Do you think the flukes might have transferred to this tank from the Jewel cichlid?

Just to recap, you've treated this tank with Prazi and Metro already? Currently feeding fish Epsom salts? Keep up with that for 5 days

1 level tablespoon magnesium sulphate to 2 cups of distilled water.

Feed 2X a day, for 3-5 days.

If it's gill flukes, probably follow the same Prazi routine as the jewel

Sorry, I'll be back later!
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 10-05-2018 at 05:08 PM.
    -Kat

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Do you think the flukes might have transferred to this tank from the Jewel cichlid?

Just to recap, you've treated this tank with Prazi and Metro already? Currently feeding fish Epsom salts? Keep up with that for 5 days

1 level tablespoon magnesium sulphate to 2 cups of distilled water.

Feed 2X a day, for 3-5 days.

If it's gill flukes, probably follow the same Prazi routine as the jewel

Sorry, I'll be back later!
    no i dont think this tank is at a foster fish house of ours. finished a metro treatment of 6 doses about a week ago, and treated with prazi 48 hours ago. and yes im continuing with the epsom. The thing is that the fish with the breath distress isnt showing imrovment, and i qanted to ask how much it supposed to take ,cuz i read that the prazi is treating the flukes in a few hours.. i also read that salt can help in treating flukes so i wanted to ask if yo think i should add

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Its been 3 days since treatment with prazi. there is still no improvment.. the fish si still gasping at the saurface, the tank is well aerated. Is it reasonible for taking so long to show improvment ?or this means that the problrm isnt gill flukes? you think i should try antibiotic? @Rocksor will appreciate your help

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    after researching some more i saw that alot of diffrent parasite can cause the ame symptoms as flukes..costia,trichondina and chilodonella.. Should i start treating for those parasites? What treatment would you reccomend? also i read that salt can help with them but didnt found a dosage.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Oh no, I'm not sure? Being honest, this is past my knowledge.

I'll just write some things that I've been thinking about here. If it's not plausible that anything was transferred to the goldfish tank from the jewel cichlid tank, I wouldn't jump to gill flukes about being the culprit here. A quick search thanks to your research and I see there are coldwater parasites that I don't know anything about.

I was thinking earlier if was gill flukes, you would have to treat for a month. But FYI, when I had gill flukes in my tank, I noticed an improvement with Prazi right away like you have read.

The only thing regarding salt so far that I can see is using salt with some of the meds used to treat these parasites like formalin and malachite green is if the salt concentration is high and water hard, the meds can severely burn the gills. So unfortunately, I don't feel comfortable giving any advice because I just don't know.

Bump for someone who is knowledgeable with goldfish.
    -Kat