· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

Default Some late summer flower pics ...

6 Not allowed!
    Here are my red and white Begonias in pots on our deck:
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

3 Not allowed!
    And here is a beautiful Tiger Flower, the result of some freebie bulbs that were included in last Spring's plant order:
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    beautiful flowers!
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    You have a way with flowers and plants, for sure. They are all beautiful.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

5 Not allowed!
    And here are some colorful Snapdragons:

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

4 Not allowed!
    And finally, a closeup of the yellow Tiger Flower, and our blooming native Syringa bush which flowered around mid-July. This shrub was present when we moved here, and we enjoy its flowers every summer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    Glad you folks enjoy these. I'm always happy to share the beauty. I look forward to each Spring and Summer for the chance to play in my garden. I have some Fall bulbs coming this year which will add more nice specialness to next Spring's garden. I have four more bearded Irises, some Fritillarias, some blue starflowers, some lavender fuzzy hyacinths and some white Narcissus trimmed in orange. All of that should come up next year and give the beds even more pizzazz. Those, along with the perennials that return each season and the volunteers that come up from self-sowing, should fill out the beds nicely. When the yellow Tiger Flower runs its course, I plan on taking it inside over winter and planting it somewhere in my garden next Spring. It may or may not come up again, but has definitely proven to be viable by its performance in the pot. Three flower stalks blooming in succession. Not bad for the first year!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    You have a really nice balanced flower garden including bulbs, perennials and some shrubs. The birds and other critters most love it. That Syringa bush brings a chuckle to me. When we first moved into this house we had one out in the back yard that was all over grown and hadn't seen any maintenance in years so I had to tear it out, what a struggle. It was too bad because the birds loved it as a source of cover.

Thanks for sharing all of the flower pictures with us. I really enjoy them.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    This Syringa bush was and is just growing wild on our property. Hubby occasionally fertilizes it and trims it up a little, but mostly we just leave it alone.

I have a birdie bistro feeding station in my garden -- a tall pole with several extension arms from which feeders can be hung, a hopper feeder fastened on top, and suet cages along the side. We get woodpeckers (five species), Chickadees (two species), jays (2 species), one species of nuthatch, several juncos that feed off the ground, mourning doves, wild turkeys, robins, grossbeaks, finches and little pine siskins. Occasionally, the rare waxwing.

We also have nest boxes placed throughout our land, and they attract Western Bluebirds, Tree Swallows and Violet Green Swallows. Occasionally, I'll see a woodpecker pecking at the entrance hole to try to enlarge it. Since some of these bird houses are made of vinyl instead of wood, his efforts are in vain. But, fun to watch, anyway.

One of these years, our ornamental plum tree might bloom and when it does, it should put on pastel pink flowers. I'll be sure to get a picture of that when it happens.

Yes, I believe in sharing beauty. Makes everyone's day who encounters it.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidwannabe View Post
    Yes, I believe in sharing beauty. Makes everyone's day who encounters it.
    It most certainly does. I'm appreciative.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow