· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hummingbirds

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    The way I saw the first one was on the neighbor's crepe myrtle blossoms, I have one in the front, as well

I have these growing wild along my fenceline, and a bush by front porch...I've seen them feed from those, as well

https://www.wildflower.org/plants/re...id_plant=MAARD
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Season's Greetings! - Rue   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   DT runner up-you deserve a cookie! - Boundava   Thanks for the Birthday wishes. - Taurus   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - gadget228   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - gadget228   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gadget228   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - gadget228   Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus -  Animal Cruelty - gadget228   

2 Not allowed!
    I use four and a half cups of sugar to one gallon of water and keep the mix in the fridge, now days that will last three days because for some reason over the last two years the number of birds has dropped, Used to go thru a gallon a day during the height of the season but that was nothing compared to my dad, he would go thru 3-4 gallons a day and fed them for over thirty five years till he passed, I've been doing it for twenty years and the little birds are smart, the is a security camera at my back door and if for some reason the food supply is low or I let it run out they will gather at the back door and keep flying at the camera to let me know.
    You're getting old when you get the same sensation from a rocking chair that you once got from a roller coaster.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

1 Not allowed!
    Those birds know when they have a good thing. If I forget to immediately refill the suet feeders on the feeding station in my garden, there's one woodpecker that will perch on the arm and holler, "Peek! Peek! Peek!" until I refill them. He does it when he sees me out there, and knows he can get my attention. Animals aren't dumb ...

Fortunately for the hummers, I have plenty of flowers they can feed from if I don't get around to refilling their feeder immediately.
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

4 Not allowed!
    Hummingbirds ... I'm pretty sure I had one feeding out of my ear yesterday because I'm so sweet..that's what that humming was....

Of course I'm just kidding ... maybe..Oh, and for the record, I hate it when they fly right through..
    Last edited by Taurus; 09-03-2018 at 01:24 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget228 View Post
    I use four and a half cups of sugar to one gallon of water and keep the mix in the fridge, now days that will last three days because for some reason over the last two years the number of birds has dropped, Used to go thru a gallon a day during the height of the season but that was nothing compared to my dad, he would go thru 3-4 gallons a day and fed them for over thirty five years till he passed, I've been doing it for twenty years and the little birds are smart, the is a security camera at my back door and if for some reason the food supply is low or I let it run out they will gather at the back door and keep flying at the camera to let me know.
    Wow, that's alot of sugar water....how many feeders do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidwannabe View Post
    Those birds know when they have a good thing. If I forget to immediately refill the suet feeders on the feeding station in my garden, there's one woodpecker that will perch on the arm and holler, "Peek! Peek! Peek!" until I refill them. He does it when he sees me out there, and knows he can get my attention. Animals aren't dumb ...

Fortunately for the hummers, I have plenty of flowers they can feed from if I don't get around to refilling their feeder immediately.
    I was gonna say, with that gorgeous flower garden of yours, you probably don't even need hummer feeders!

Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    Hummingbirds ... I'm pretty sure I had one feeding out of my ear yesterday because I'm so sweet..that's what that humming was....

Of course I'm just kidding ... maybe..Oh, and for the record, I hate it when they fly right through..
    LOL....ewww...when they fly through, I bet their chirps echo

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    LOL....ewww...when they fly through, I bet their chirps echo
    The humming echos bounce around in there until I wack myself on the side of the head.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I have to do the same after a day of nagging from Mrs. Slap........

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    I just saw my first humming bird about 3 weeks ago at my hanging plant. Pretty neat as I had never had one before. I don't have a feeder but may think about one for next year on my back deck. This plant is on my front porch but I go out several times a day with the dog so I've scared him off a few times now and he went to a neighbor's plant a few doors away.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Never seen one there before?...I bet that was pretty neat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Season's Greetings! - Rue   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   DT runner up-you deserve a cookie! - Boundava   Thanks for the Birthday wishes. - Taurus   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - gadget228   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - gadget228   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gadget228   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - gadget228   Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus -  Animal Cruelty - gadget228   

1 Not allowed!
    Currently I'm using two 32 and a forty ounce to keep them happy, it used to be four 32's but had two that I've been using for twenty years break, one I dropped and the other one the hanging cap just broke out and let it drop.
    You're getting old when you get the same sensation from a rocking chair that you once got from a roller coaster.