· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on cycling your tank! - Silbar   Thanks! - Boundava   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   
    Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - KENR   

2 Not allowed!
    When I redid the 29g I bought a couple hundred scuds and let them get established before I put the fish back in. I see them all the time in the 29 so no need to add any.
    If it's too loud you're too old
    If it's too fast then it must be thrash

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on cycling your tank! - Silbar   Thanks! - Boundava   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   
    Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - KENR   

0 Not allowed!
    I tested the water today for the 1st time. Ass expected ammonia is way up between 1.0 2.0. Nothing on trites and trates. Will be ordering plants tomorrow. Was getting ready to get them anyway. Both the blood worms and scud population has exploded. There is some planaria in there but can do much about that without affecting the blood worms. There also are a couple different real tiny bugs scooting around in there. Ph was 6.8 or 6.6 to close to call.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Okay my dirtied tank friends. In need of some easy fast growing, ammonia sucking, low to medium light plants for my low tech10g. some need to be thin leafed plants to grow up through the wood.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

1 Not allowed!
    Cabomba grows like a weed in some tanks, not in others. Same with Asian (giant) ambulia. Both get leggy after a while in a moderate light tank, but both are cheap to replace when needed. Most of the vals seem to be pretty good, and they grow like weeds, too. Let's see...I've also had good luck with temple plant and water sprite. For floaters, Amazon frogbit and Asian water grass are favorites of mine.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    My favorite stem plant is stargrass. I let it grow tall or use as a foreground carpet. Rotala rotundifolia usually does well for me as well in med light. Hygro angustifolia does well, but it's narrow and long leaved. Cobamba didn't do well in my tanks :(
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    WATER WISTERIA/HYGROPHILA DIFFORMIS and HYGROPHILA ANGUSTIFOLIA are two that grow easily, like weeds, so will have to be trimmed often. But just plant the tops again for more and more plants.

https://buceplant.com/products/hygro...RoCX7MQAvD_BwE

https://buceplant.com/products/hygro...BoCoLgQAvD_BwE

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Was sitting yesterday not feeling good while the wife went to church. Decided it was time to start scaping the 10g. I wasn't going to cap the dirt and twigs with sand but decided to. The picture shows the tank now the plants I ordered and some stone I ordered. Plants are suppose to come jan2. I ordered then stone from tannin Aquatics, I expect them about the same time.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Whoa, is this the 5g? I like what you've done with it :) So there is twigs and botonicals under that sand? Potho roots look great!
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Whoa, is this the 5g? I like what you've done with it :) So there is twigs and botonicals under that sand? Potho roots look great!
    Yes a little bit of everything I have been adding g twigs and leaves for about 3 months and dirt for about a month and a half. The 5 got switched over to a 10g

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, the one with all the detritus worms and bugs haha. I really like the scape actually with the dritwood hanging down.
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 12-24-2018 at 11:24 PM.
    -Kat

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast