· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    This is such an interesting experiment! And yes, we need you to get a microscope, please. Tell your wife it does your brain good to learn about new things... so really, this is for your health!
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Detrius worms are round and small, thread like. Planaria are flat and will crawl along the glass, you may not see the triangular head (and they differ among species), but I have seen planaria, seed shrimp, scuds, detritus worms and hydra in my shrimp tanks, that's a flatworm/planaria.

image_3462e-Girardia-dorotocephala.jpg

The planaria are feasting off your other critters. I nixed them using the dog dewormer he showed in the video. I found it at petsmartie-pants. I had to get a microscale to measure out the amount.

I used this giude:
    http://www.planetinverts.com/killing...and_hydra.html

This is a good "critter" guide:
    http://www.planetinverts.com/what_is..._aquarium.html
    Last edited by Boundava; 09-05-2018 at 05:12 PM.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on cycling your tank! - Silbar   Thanks! - Boundava   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   
    Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - KENR   

0 Not allowed!
    If I us the dewormer I will have to start over with the blackworms I am thinking..... I'll check that video out when I get home.
    If it's too loud you're too old
    If it's too fast then it must be thrash

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on cycling your tank! - Silbar   Thanks! - Boundava   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   
    Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - KENR   

1 Not allowed!
    So I am sure everyone has been waiting on pins and needles for a up date on this tank lol.
    It actually just kind of sat doing it's own thing for the last couple of months. I stopped putting the filter gunk in it. I am thinking that along with old tak water lead to the planaria. It actually has been upgraded. I commandeered a 10g that my son wasn't using and moved everything to the 10g.

I have done only 3 water changes since the start of this back in September.

I took a TDS reading before WC today it was 166 PM, tap water is 144. I Havent checked anything else since the tannins have been so dark. Not sure I could get an accurate color with the api kit. I started adding miracle grow a couple weeks ago, about 6 cups all together, so far. A little bit of sad also.

I did add a cheap sponge filter, mainly just for water agitation.

As you will see my scud ad worm population are doing great. I should of took a video during the water change, there had to of been 3 or 4 times the amount of scuds out. Next step adding some plants.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    My wife calls it my ugly tank since it sits there with the light off most of the time

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Well it's certainly different lol! Interesting. I can't believe all the worms and bugs in that tank. Did you purposely add some to start cultures? I apologize if I should know this. Could you imagine a dwarf puffer in there lol?
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Well it's certainly different lol! Interesting. I can't believe all the worms and bugs in that tank. Did you purposely add some to start cultures? I apologize if I should know this. Could you imagine a dwarf puffer in there lol?
    The scuds are from the 29g filter media. The black worms I put in when I ought some to feed the darios. Anything else in there, got there on there own.. yep a pea puffer or 2 would be fat. Not sure what fish is going in there yet.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Going to throw so.e more dirt in it over the next couple weeks get some plants, hopefully get it cycled and get some fish in there.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    I'm curious: Do you harvest from this tank to feed in your other? It would be nice to have a ready supply of fresh food.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    I'm curious: Do you harvest from this tank to feed in your other? It would be nice to have a ready supply of fresh food.
    Not from this tank. I am working towards actually putting fish in this tank the worms and scuds will be their main source of food.
    I do have a 36g (never told anybody about) set up in the basement, that I have been throwing leaves and wood in for about 8 months. I bought a couple hundred dudes about 3(?) months ago, that I actually just got a good look at yesterday, and it has to have at least a thousand in it. I actuall harvested some today for the 1st time and put them in my 20 about 1.5 hrs ago. The ta k was pretty clear then. As you can see somebody found something they liked on the bottom.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast