· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    You're such a colorful fishkeeper Jenn, language included ...soo good to have you back, I missed ya!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy New Year - mommy1   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   Good Morning :-) - Taurus   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Just to let you know I'm thinking about you. Better things will come. - Taurus   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - MCHRKiller   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MCHRKiller   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MCHRKiller   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MCHRKiller   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - MCHRKiller   

0 Not allowed!
    My co workers say I'm "unconventional".
    3x75 gallons|1x55 gallon|2x40 gallons

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

2 Not allowed!
    Yes, I made a small edit to your post, gotta keep it "family-friendly" here...please and thank you
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHRKiller View Post
    My co workers say I'm "unconventional".
    I call it speaking plainly without concern for political correctness. But yup, it's a family forum.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy New Year - mommy1   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   Good Morning :-) - Taurus   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Just to let you know I'm thinking about you. Better things will come. - Taurus   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - MCHRKiller   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MCHRKiller   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MCHRKiller   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MCHRKiller   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - MCHRKiller   

5 Not allowed!
    Yes yes...my apologies. My idea of a family is more like the Addams Family vs most people's The Brady Bunch....and a couple of mixed drinks do dull down the filter

Im kind of also contemplating a mixed CA community with that last 75G. Filtration is hefty...I have an XP3 and a HOB. Could add more since I have 2 coffin sized totes full of extra canisters and HOBs from my fishroom tear down and simplification of these tanks. What are your guys thoughts?

I do definitely want a former Vieja...both are at a sexable size so Rapps could easily pull me a male of either the hart. or brei. for better color. I did a similar tank probably 10 years ago in a 4ft 100G which worked out beautifully...it was very overstocked but aggression was nil. In that I had a mutt Vieja, JD, Firemouth, Salvini, Convict, Silver Dollars, Bichir, Ctenopoma. Was honestly in my top 3 favorite tanks to date. The only difference between that 100G and my 75G now is the 100G was acrylic and 20" wide and 2ft tall....so a similar yet lighter stock I do feel comfortable doing again. If i did do a JD in this tank then I could get a female Gold bar midas for my other 40B....and have a rack of evil women in the corner.

Black Phillip has also became quite angry with me since being moved...he came very very close to nailing my hand yesterday if I had not moved quick enough it would have been nasty lol We used to have this understanding of he would only passively take a swing at me...just to toy with me, but he means it now. I guess Im going to have to sacrifice some souls or goats to the demon lord to get back in the good graces of that fish.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

5 Not allowed!
    Going to a couple of LFS today...kind of curious to see what I will/wont find honestly.

I am also toying with the idea of keeping a domestic Oscar again...I haven't owned a typical Oscar in probably 15 years as all of mine have been weird subspecies or wilds. The reason for this is that the O will be going into my living room tank...and for aesthetics a more brightly colored domestic tiger oscar would be more appealing to most people. I have also never owned a tiger oscar....when I kept domestics I had reds, outside of this its been wilds.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's a betta for you. - Slaphppy7   For your oscar heimlich rescue :) - BluewaterBoof   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    sounds like a good plan to go with an oscar again. they gotta be my favorite when it comes to personality and a good display centerpiece to boot.
    Brian

I wish I had a Fish Wish Dish.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Wound up with 5 spotted silver dollars which are really good sized for $10 each....pretty happy about this

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on the new fish! How are they liking their new home?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats, Jenn...about how big are they?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers