· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Allocation issues needs to be fixed for Mix fish types, created Complex situation.

0 Not allowed!
    Hi Guyz, I'm trying to solve a complex equation here to allocate my

2 Sharks 3"
    1 Golden &
    1 blue Gourami (Golden is very aggressive, especially towards blue)
    2 chiclis 1.5" (Keeps nipping chasing Golden Gourami & )
    4 neon tettras 1" (I'm concerned they would not get to eat in community tank)
    2 betta splendens 2"
    1 Black Ghost Knife (Too shy to eat outside, I'm not sure if it's eating bloodworms but I put it inside its cave in 20 Gallon "for now")

In Tanks & bowls mentioned below

20 Gallon tank
    7 Gallon tank
    4 Gallon bowl
    1.5 liter Bowl

Please let me know how should I allocate them. (I'll let you guyz know how I'm keeping them later, please don't ask now)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Is this a very temporary setup?

I hate to say this, but I think your fish would be better off in totes able to hold more water. I just set up a clear tote for 8$. Heater and filter like a regular tank.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Sharks and ghost knife both need more than 20G.
    Unfortunately depending on the type cichlids they in all reality they likely also need more than 20G.

You can probably get away with one Gourami and the tetras in the 20G and then maybe up the number of neon tetras so they are happier. Then one betta in the 4G and one betta in the 7G.

Depending on what sharks and what cichlids you have as there are many we can help figure out what to do with them. The ghost knife is going to need a large tank sooner rather than later. The betta and neons need different temps so they shouldn't be together but neons should be alright with Gourami. Betta and Gourami shouldn't be kept together. Many Gourami don't play nice and it doesn't appear you have something for the 2nd Gourami at the moment but once we know more about your cichlids and sharks we maybe able to help you place it there.

Like mentioned above they can be split up into Rubbermaid bins for now to keep the aggression down while you sort out your solution.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys for advice and Idk what I was thinking, i kept a betta and two cichileds in one tank with a glass separater in between.

Somehow one Cichileds got in and raped the betta, and is seems to be like in mini skirt now. I've kept him in doctor tank in Gill Fungus Parasite aquadene solution water. I want to know if they would grow up again.

Chiclids are not more than .1.2"

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    The Bettas fins will grow back just keep pristine water for him and maybe ad some Indian Almond leaf as it's supposed to be quite helpful for that.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sfsamm View Post
    The Bettas fins will grow back just keep pristine water for him and maybe ad some Indian Almond leaf as it's supposed to be quite helpful for that.
    Could you please tell me what kind of cichileds are those so that I can find mates for them?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Really am not certain... Bottom could be a Johanni but the top one just looks stressed and washed out. If that one is a Johanni you are going to continue having aggression issues with anything you put into the tank. And they won't remain an inch for long cichlids grow fairly quickly. You don't have enough tank space for your fish you have I wouldn't recommend getting any more.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    You do not want to be looking for mates for any of your fish until you can invest in much larger tanks. You really need to do some more research on the species you have and what their requirements are for water parameters/temps, tank size and compatible species.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    You are right guyz. That yellow Cichileds is one gangster fish. Even other one is always bullied by it. I'm not sure to keep them separately because both are of almost same nature. Blue one is still afraid of betta but I've seen yellow one with horizontal lines fighting some big fishes.

The tank in Picture is just a temporary jail for these till they grow up more. I've got other 3x1.5x1 foot tank for other fishes. They are in peace now after these are removed from there.

1 quick question, what fish I can put in it to suppress aggressive one.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    You really don't have enough room for that cichlid let alone another fish to supress it. That one is an aggressive cichlid, not supposed to be housed with the other fish you are keeping. These fish need lots of room for territory and to support their bioload. If he's terrorizing the other cichlid, I would separate those too. Both of them are not considered community fish.

Can you possibly rehome them or bring them back to the store?

You don't need parasite treatment for the betta to regrow its fins. Fresh clean water is the best for him. Indian Almond Leaves (capatta leaves) are great for bettas as mentioned. I'd definitely invest in that.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat