· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's a betta for you. - Slaphppy7   For your oscar heimlich rescue :) - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by discusluv View Post
    It has been hot here as well in California, but what is bothering me most is all the smoke in the air-- so many fires that I can barely go outside because I have asthma.
    I feel for you. my kids cannot play outside. they both have bad lungs, along with me. you can pretty much taste the smoke today. I don't know how you folks in Cali can deal with it.
    Brian

I wish I had a Fish Wish Dish.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

So sorry, RIP Big Blue - Slaphppy7   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   You will win this battle against the nematodes. - RiversGirl   teacher/friend - marc4   

2 Not allowed!
    I'm sorry @discusluv and @bpete. How terrible.

I find humidity of 95% or more is hard to breathe in too. Allergies and asthma is no fun.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on winning the DT! - Silbar   Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   

3 Not allowed!
    Humidity is terrible when it is hot! I'll take my 4% humidity any day in the heat for sure... The fire danger at that humidity is insane but yes at least you can breathe in it.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Sorry, I'm out of milk...it went sour - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    It's 108F, today. This is insane! When the wind blows, it's a hot wind. Doesn't cool anything off, at all.

I wonder if all of those wildfires are collectively contributing to these excessive temps. Heating up the air all over our western region. I've never known it to get this hot, even in the dead of summer. Maybe 100 on a rare day or two in the past, but never 108.

Fortunately, it's supposed to cool down to the 80s over the weekend.
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   So very sorry for your loss :( - steeler58   Happy Easter - Silbar   Because you always have an encouraging and kind word for everyone - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Wow. I'm so sorry you are dealing with that. I know just what you mean about the wind. It seems as though it is pouring right out of an oven.

Do be safe. Please drink lots of water - so many folks do not realize they are dehydrated, but actually are.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep! - WhistlingBadger   Thank you for your friendship - Silbar   Happy Easter - Silbar   Happy Father's Day! - Silbar   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sfsamm View Post
    Humidity is terrible when it is hot! I'll take my 4% humidity any day in the heat for sure... The fire danger at that humidity is insane but yes at least you can breathe in it.
    I've never experienced humidity that low, that I know of...where I live, 30% is about the lowest you'll ever see, and that's in wintertime
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   First round is on me, Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy late B-day to you ;-) - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    I've never experienced humidity that low, that I know of...where I live, 30% is about the lowest you'll ever see, and that's in wintertime
    Same here, heck I din't know humidity could get that low unless you were in an oven...which in that case maybe.