· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Wetspot

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family :-) - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you too! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congrats! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    Thank all of you for your support and recommendations of other vendors. I appreciate it. I think I was so mad yesterday because I had had higher expectations of this company. When I sent email to Drayden, I really expected them to say that they were sorry that this had happened and we will do this "X". Something. I felt like I was a "good customer," someone that they would want to be kept happy. This has been what has happened both with Tangled Up in Cichlids and Aquatic Clarity when I have had issues within a 24 hour time frame ( they have given me credit on my next purchase).

I dont mind paying a premium for the fish I want, but on the same behalf I expect to be treated fairly and with respect. It is a relationship of mutuality; a relationship between owner/customer that reputable businesses know is a basic recipe for keeping a long-term customer.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family :-) - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you too! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congrats! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    @Angelcraze-- There are no outward signs or symptoms that point to what is wrong with them. Of the 2 that I have left, they are eating and schooling together- appear fine. I think they really are a very delicate species ( they are wilds) and the stress from importation, shipment to me, and acclimation was just too much for them.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    Wow, sorry about that. You'd think they'd have problems all the time with those tetras then. Not too many tanks have softer water unless they use RO.

It's true, it's when you have a major problem that their true colors reveal themselves. I only have one place to order from here. I was really excited being able to order different stock than it's available locally, but the reality is I now see the BS my LFS deals with.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for you sick fish - mac   I'm sorry waylon!  Didn't mean at all to discredit you!  Sorry to hear of your crazy mean angelfish!  You taught me a lesson. - angelcraze2   For being a friendly memeber - mac   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   great job on figuring out your photos - bpete   

2 Not allowed!
    The original owner of my shop has always supported them, though he hasn't done in order with them in 10 years. Guess things can change over time :| . I have never ordered from them personally, I went with Jeff Rapps of Tangled Up Cichlids instead because of his reputation and small business feel.
    My Aquarium Journals:

LiveBearer Aquascape

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

3 Not allowed!
    Thanks for detailing the recent unfortunate experience you had, discusluv

I've dealt with Drayden in the past, but all went well...this situation sounds very different

Thanks to all who have suggestions for other vendors, I'm making a Word document of my own of them to refer to in the future

That being said, as a Mod, I must mention that the AC does not condone nor condemn any vendor, but personally, it's just nice to know there are many to choose from for those willing to purchase fish online.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

2 Not allowed!
    Another online source to add to the list, though I've no experience with them (yet)

https://imperialtropicals.com/

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a frontosa, to start your collection - Slaphppy7   4 the help - rookie   

1 Not allowed!
    I've ordered many hard to find fish on Aquabid, and have had very good results. If you email the seller. most of the time your dealing with the breeder. If you sort out the answers they give you, it's pretty easy to know who's for real and who's just another vendor selling what ever they can get they're hands on.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fissh View Post
    I've ordered many hard to find fish on Aquabid, and have had very good results. If you email the seller. most of the time your dealing with the breeder. If you sort out the answers they give you, it's pretty easy to know who's for real and who's just another vendor selling what ever they can get they're hands on.
    I've had good luck ordering inverts from there, but haven't tried fish yet fish...added to my list, thanks
    Last edited by Slaphppy7; 08-07-2018 at 10:32 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

2 Not allowed!
    Have you replied back to this Drayden and told him that you resent his arrogant, condescending and disrespectful response to your problem, reminded him that you've been a long-time good customer with your credit card on file, that this is the first time you've had to bring an issue to his attention, that you were expecting fair treatment from him, and that you intend to take your business elsewhere if he doesn't make it right?

He might not be aware of how he came across. I would tell him the above and see if he changes his tune. If not, goodbye and good riddance.
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidwannabe View Post
    Have you replied back to this Drayden and told him that you resent his arrogant, condescending and disrespectful response to your problem, reminded him that you've been a long-time good customer with your credit card on file, that this is the first time you've had to bring an issue to his attention, that you were expecting fair treatment from him, and that you intend to take your business elsewhere if he doesn't make it right?

He might not be aware of how he came across. I would tell him the above and see if he changes his tune. If not, goodbye and good riddance.
    Yes, I did ;).
    My response:

Sales; Drayden,

Wow, really? Extraordinary. No redress?
    “Under the circumstances = my fault”- Okay. Your sympathetic note was ironic given the circumstances. Reread it- it was condescending to the utmost degree. I slaughtered your “dear” Tocanos that were carefully selected by you by hand due to my lack of providing adequate environmental conditions. I see.
    This company has gone down on the bottom of my list for ordering fish as a result of your not responding in a manner I did, in fact, expect.
    Obviously, Im not the good customer I thought I was.
    Amy Hanak.

This was sent yesterday afternoon- no response today. It does not matter an iota to them.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast