· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Thread: Dinner time!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

Default Dinner time!

3 Not allowed!

Hope you enjoy!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for a fellow front lover - sailor   All the saltwater help! - squirt_12   Thanks! - squirt_12   For the million fish man - Lady Hobbs   Excellent puffer advice. - Brookfish   

1 Not allowed!
    Great vid!
    What is supernate comprised of?
    African cichlid and saltwater aquariums

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks! Had lots of fun making it (who doesn't like feeding their animals?? )!

After I mix the krill and polyp booster together I will let it sit for a while. All the meaty chunks and larger particulates sink and stratify in the bottom of the shot glass and leaves a very watery fluid/supernate on top. That is what I draw out of the glass and inject about 5 minutes ahead of feeding so that it has a chance to mix well in the tank and get everything hungry :)

I'm not sure just how beneficial it is to do it, but it was something I saw in a Tidal Gardens information video one time. That dude has amazing corals and figured that if it works for him it can't be all that bad haha

These are the two products I mixed together last night:

1307117050Krill3.5oz800x500 (1).png

41GRA5NTuGL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Sorry, I'm out of milk...it went sour - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   

1 Not allowed!
    Cool video! Glad I can watch them, again. Do the tips of your serving instrument ever get stuck to the tentacles of your anemones?
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Interesting question :)

The metal tweezers I use in this video do not get stuck. I do have a feeder that is like a long skinny glass turkey baster that has a rubber tip and that will, on occasion, be touched by the anemones and duncan corals and the tentacles will stick to the rubber. It's not so sticky that I can't pull it away, but sticky enough to where the tentacles will stretch out quite a bit before contact is broken. Since the tentacles are fairly delicate, I try to avoid this as much as I can so that I don't risk damaging the flesh.