· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

Default Leptastrea Feeding on Powdered Foods

3 Not allowed!
    Leptastrea is a coral I find fascinating and one that I'm surprised isn't more popular.

I picked up this guy at a coral convention in June. I had originally placed him further back in the tank and I could never get great vids. I decided to pop him off his old perch and move him to the spot where my two micromussa corals had waged battle. The coral didn't really care for being man-handled and moved, but is already showing some good colors and polyp extension just two days after being moved and re-glued.

Sped up a good portion of the video so you could get to see it eat most of its food without having to sit through over 9 mins of footage haha

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's a betta for you. - Slaphppy7   For your oscar heimlich rescue :) - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    that is a great video.
    Brian

I wish I had a Fish Wish Dish.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks!

What was really interesting, but lost in the time lapse, was all the little critters that came out of the rockwork. They are so small and move so quickly that they are just brief blips in the clip above, but in the original video you get to see dozens. I'll try to edit the original (which is over nine minutes long) down to just a minute or two later today so you guys can see what I'm talking about :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! We miss you. - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   

2 Not allowed!
    That was such a neat video! Is the purple and green coral on the left a trumpet?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by showmebutterfly View Post
    That was such a neat video! Is the purple and green coral on the left a trumpet?
    It is a micromussa (lots of folks still call them acans, though). I see a lot of similarities between some micromussa and the trumpet/candy canes :) This one looks a bit weird because I had glued it to a little sea shell so it is growing into a small ball instead of flattening out.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for a fellow front lover - sailor   All the saltwater help! - squirt_12   Thanks! - squirt_12   For the million fish man - Lady Hobbs   Excellent puffer advice. - Brookfish   

0 Not allowed!
    nice video! Leptastrea are one of my favorite corals, I have two types in my reef tank (brown with green centers, and the orange-golden variety, very similar if not identical to the type you have).

That small colony you have will encrust that entire section of live rock if given the chance.
    African cichlid and saltwater aquariums