· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cory eggs!!!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

Default Cory eggs!!!

1 Not allowed!
    I'd ask is it so... But there is NOTHING else in here, they are still in QT and I got them so tiny.
    So I've gotten the best photos I could in my unlit QT of the eggs and some questions for you all.

How long till hatching?
    Can anyone tell if any are viable eggs or if they are all just bunk?
    What do I do for babies? Feed, temp, do I need to separate? If separation is necessary do I pull eggs or wait for fry?
    I'd LOVE to have some more of these little lovelies so any and all advice is tremendously welcome!

I've been a terrible fish keeper for these guys as I've STILL not done appropriate research on them having bought them spur of the moment like a noob and several weeks later I still haven't done it but they are an absolute hoot and I'd love to add to their little school.

FYI they did this between 3:00 & 5:00 in the afternoon! I assumed this behavior would be a nighttime thing.
    Last edited by sfsamm; 07-22-2018 at 01:25 AM.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for Sharing Your fish! - discusluv   

2 Not allowed!
    Did it rain? Mine like thunderstorms and a water change.

You will see them hatch in 3-4 days Generally if they make it.
    if you have a way to keep them a razor blade off the glass into a hatching vessel with some methylene blue and a small sponge

Most Cory’s can do brine shrimp babies. Golden pearls are also an option

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Yikes four days.... Uhm I have no decapaulated baby brine on hand and I've never done golden pearls.... I have meth blue and could artificially hatch and out in a 10g that's well established that I use to raise out CPD fry maybe? Or I have rotifers!?

Why babies in a qt tank lol they u sure didn't make it easy for me to grow them up lol

And no it hasn't rained in weeks lol high desert no rain this time of year! And I didn't dip temps and WC was Tuesday, they would get one tomorrow but eggs are too high on the glass so I may just start doing a gall or two daily to keep them solid and not expose eggs....

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for Sharing Your fish! - discusluv   

0 Not allowed!
    I bet if cpd fry make it some Cory’s will!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mbkemp View Post
    I bet if cpd fry make it some Cory’s will!
    So I run that tank low 70's... Not a problem to raise it a bit I can get it up before 3-4 days. Aeneus fry should probably be kept at what temp?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mbkemp View Post
    Did it rain? Mine like thunderstorms and a water change.
    I just gotta give props to this lol.... We had an rain this evening... Very short but it totally happened. . Maybe I have weathermen in my tank!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on the cory eggs. If they're the only fish in this tank, I don't think it's necessary to move them, but if you do, maybe move half and leave half where they are, just to see if there's a difference in raising them. Many cories like temps a little cooler so low 70's should also be fine - if the adults are OK, the fry should be too. Aeneus are one of the larger cories, too, so they may even be able to take some Bug Bites, if you can get them. The tropical fish variety are a little smaller than the bottom feeder ones so try those to start. But try also frozen baby brine shrimp, decap brine shrimp and even just crushed flakes. You've got a few days even after they hatch to get some appropriate foods in so no worry. This is exciting!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on the eggs!!!!
    My cory fry did really well with microworms. I had small ramshorn snails and a few neos in the tank and they kept the eggs free of fungus. Meth blue would ensure there is no fungus. Good luck!

Btw, I think some are viable. I think I see something in the middle.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

To new fish! - Slaphppy7   Second round ;) - Slaphppy7   It's a hot toddy. - Taurus   Here's to the "blue ribbon" tetra! - Slaphppy7   Hope you had a happy birthday! We are both March babies :) - discusluv   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Congratulations, I hope you get a good hatch ;-)
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep