· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus291 View Post
    Ahh, I totally read that wrong... I thought it was saying do the dose and then water change for 2 to 3 weeks continuously.
    Levamisole degrades after so many hours (sorry, I can't remember exactly) but it's a good idea to try and remove any biproducts with the WC. I actually do deep siphons and large WCs often between treatments as well. Gravel siphon is to remove any eggs, dead worms, or larvae. I actually like to keep the tank easy to siphon when I'm dealing with worms though :( I know you want to plant up your tank, but it is nice and easy to get the worms out that way. Just keep in mind siphoning when scaping and planting for now if you can!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Just wanted to clarify "deep" siphoning. I have a planted tank so I don't uproot everything. I'm sure it's difficult to get in between DW areas and large rocks, so I will swish the water with either my fingers into the siphon, or the siphon itself in tight areas. I only skim siphon heavily planted areas (but I also removed a bunch of plants to keep it simple while treating). I siphoned all the way down or deep where I could without bothering plants. I just tried my best to get everything, especially while medicating.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   Celebrating your amazing restoration work! - showmebutterfly   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Ok that's good to know, my plants haven't been in the tank long so I'm not that worried about having to move them. I think most of my plants are easy to take care of and since they don't have much of a root base yet I don't mind pulling them. I'm still waiting for the medicine to come in, and then I'll have to switch out my carbine filtration with bioballs. Then I'll be ready to treat the tank. I'm going to try to find a 20g tank or something close to use as a qt tank next time I get fish.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    QT=Great idea!

Plants will start to grow when established, so moving them might set them back a bit. You have sand I think, you should only have to skim siphon. It's actually a good setup for getting those worms before it is all grown in.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   Celebrating your amazing restoration work! - showmebutterfly   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    With only having the acara in the tank I don't have anything in the tank to clean up the fallen food. I've been mostly feeding him nls 3mm pellets and after he has his fill he will let the last pellet or two drop to the floor and he won't go back to them. I noticed they start to develop a white fuzz on them before I get to my water change. I tried to get them out with my hand, but by that point they just melt in my fingers and I can't get them.

I went out and bought a turkey baster, and it works wonders. After I feed him I just suck out any leftovers before they get bad. It's quick, easy and I don't have to get my 50 foot python out just to pick out some loose food.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I'm just finishing up medicating the tank, and I bought a 20g QT tank for $10, so I've been thinking about what other fish I want in this tank. After the issues I had a couple of weeks ago I decided I'm not going to get pictus cats anymore. Might be for the best because I think having a decent school of pictus cats might make a mess of my tank when they are full grown lol.

One setup I was thinking about was getting a rotkeil severum, a BN pleco and a Raphael cat to go with my EB acara. Any thoughts on compatibility\ bioload? I figured the rotkeils stay smaller so it shouldn't outgrow the 75g. I'm not sure if the two cats would get along or not though. It seems back and forth in the forums, so I'm guessing it is going to depend on the fish. Maybe if I was able to get a female pleco it would work?

There are many more possibilities so I'd love some suggestions!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    The Raphael gets to be 6 to 9". That's a lot of fish for a 75 gallon. Plus they will eat anything small enough to fit in their mouth and they have a big mouth so I would say no to that catfish. Maybe in a 120 or 125 with larger fish but even that is a little iffy because you'd have to have fish that are big enough not to be snacks.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the help! I was kind of worried about them myself. I like to look of catfish, but it's hard to find ones that stay medium sized.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    There are many corydoras that don't get more than 3" long or so
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    There are many corydoras that don't get more than 3" long or so
    I love tanks that have a big school of Cory's in them! I was thinking more of a catfish that 'looks like' a catfish. Or at least what you think of when someone says catfish, since they all look like catfish haha. Anyways, cory cats are definitely a really good option! How many would you suggest if I had a rotkeil, BN, and a eb acara in the tank?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast