· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Flame tetras..

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

AC's defender from spammers! - Boundava   Thanks for the rep and support - Silbar   Happy Anniversary! - RiversGirl   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Not a blue one, but still a betta. Congratulations! - mermaidwannabe   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Geez, didn't he learn from the last time?...sorry about all this
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   You will win this battle against the nematodes. - RiversGirl   teacher/friend - marc4   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   

2 Not allowed!
    I kind of look at it like "didn't I learn from the last time?" It worked when I asked him not to feed the fish, but I didn't say it this time. I also didn't have the guts to say explain exactly why I didn't want him to feed the fish and knows where I keep the food lol. So next time I will be hiding all the fish food from everywhere. I might even explain the whole thing too. Poor guy means well and really takes good care of Chelsea, just was never able to keep fish long for some reason......
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    So I'm putting my flame tetra purchase on hold. Hopefully I can still get some the next time. I came home from a 6-day vacation to a very cloudy overfed 120g with a dead angelfish. The water was disgusting. My poor angelfish's body was covered in slime and fungus. I have a lot of cleaning to do still. I siphoned really well and was still swishing a brine shrimp net around trapping fungused food for hours in the lowered water level. All this just getting back from vacation. Arg :(

I hid the food and asked him not to feed the fish last time (but didn't mention it this time), he brought food down from the forever QT Lymphocystis tank in the spare bedroom

At least he didn't notice the fish in the fishroom like two years ago when all my tanks were totally wrecked. Regardless, I'll have to get this cleaned up before I get new fish. I think it will take a few weeks of vigorous siphoning and cleaning.
    This is awful... I'm kind of at a loss of words here. That this friend stubbornly insists on overfeeding the tanks to the point where they become cesspools and animals die is just beyond me. I can't even imagine how much food it takes to create that kind of mess. I toss in an absurd amount of food into my 90g and it's gone in less than 10 minutes...

I'm surprised that he actively went searching for more food after you made a point to him in the past not to feed them. *Sigh* I guess it's easy to point fingers and assume things... I just feel so bad that you've had to go through this exact same situation more than once.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   You will win this battle against the nematodes. - RiversGirl   teacher/friend - marc4   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    I'm so frustrated I'm done. The tank looks much better today, so I'm just shaking my head. He must have forgot about not feeding them and thought I forgot to mention feeding them. It is pretty unbelievable that he brought the food around though, I found the food on the inside rim. I also can't imagine just how much food he dumped in! You would think he dropped the whole container in a couple times by accident! I was starting to think I grossly underfeed.

I was so lost for words I kept saying "I can't believe how much he fed!" I was going to try videoing the disaster while siphoning the fungus just so someone else could see how bad it was, but I was too tired and sore from travelling.
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 08-01-2018 at 11:51 PM.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Did you at least have a nice vacation?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

4 Not allowed!
    I got them! Finally! 16 of em and looking pretty good

I'm glad I went with a different tetra I haven't kept before. They are very active and pretty, a perfect choice ;)

Oh and they were on special 2 for 4$!
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - SueD   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Good luck with your goldfish tank - Silbar   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

1 Not allowed!
    They are stunning and super active. Congrats and at a great price too!
    Two 5.5g- Shrimp tanks; 1st with Bloody Mary and Rose shrimp and 2nd with Blue Dream shrimp
    Two-55 gallon tubs, 1st w/ 1BN pleco male, 3 clown pleco, gouramis, kuhli and female betta; 2nd w/female BN pleco, albino, panda and pgymy corys, and male betta.
    One tub with 90% plants and one Diva-pea puffer.

75g-now the TUB tanks:
    5.5 G Shrimp Tanks
    75g-Goldfish Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you! Just realized I had a thread while I was considering them. I updated my 120g journal, but i'm considering updating this thread instead.
    -Kat

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345