· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

Default Various Corals and Anemones

3 Not allowed!
    Some corals and nems doing what they do best; look amazing

Wife helped me out with the filters to get some pretty accurate colors. It's funny that the blue lighting that makes the corals fluoresce and look so amazing is also the one thing that screws with digital cameras.

Hope y'all enjoy!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's a betta for you. - Slaphppy7   For your oscar heimlich rescue :) - BluewaterBoof   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    looks absolutely amazing. we can count on you to produce excellent videos.
    Brian

I wish I had a Fish Wish Dish.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Beautiful, all of them. But I think that 2nd one shown might be my favorite.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Love the one about 1 min in, super neat looking.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

2 Not allowed!
    Great video. Everything seems to be thriving.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bpete View Post
    looks absolutely amazing. we can count on you to produce excellent videos.
    Thank you, Mr. Brian! Glad you enjoy them!

Any plans for starting up your own marine tank?

Quote Originally Posted by SueD View Post
    Beautiful, all of them. But I think that 2nd one shown might be my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    Love the one about 1 min in, super neat looking.
    That would be my purple tip frogspawn. Amazing creature and so cool to watch.

IMG_236fffff.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by showmebutterfly View Post
    Great video. Everything seems to be thriving.
    Thanks! The corals have definitely perked up quite a bit since I pulled out the sump and replaced the silicone.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's a betta for you. - Slaphppy7   For your oscar heimlich rescue :) - BluewaterBoof   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    [QUOTE=BluewaterBoof;1493638]Thank you, Mr. Brian! Glad you enjoy them!

Any plans for starting up your own marine tank?

It has been on my mind. it is encouraging to see some of the recent nano and pico's being successful.
    Brian

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    I'm part of some nano reef forums and FB groups. Sharing ideas/experiences with them really helped me feel comfortable going into my nano project. A person hears "bigger is easier" so much that one tends to get nervous about trying something small. With the cost of marine systems, there are a lot of folks (myself included) who simply don't have the budget for the larger projects.

Although my saltwater journey has been continuously growing, I started out with a fully-functional setup for about $180. Waiting for good sales on websites like Foster&Smith, I was able to get an all-in-one tank (the Fluval 13.5g Evo), salt mix, hydrometer, heater, API master kit, and live aragonite substrate. *I already had my RODI filter on hand as I used it for my crystal shrimp tank, that was another $70ish. That was enough to get everything going, as the Evo is a complete kit with light, overflow/sump section, and return pump. All you need to add to it is a small heater. The stock light isn't anything to write home about, but it is capable of growing most softie and LPS corals. I could have gotten dry rock for a fraction of the price of the live rock I purchased, but I did not have the patience to cycle a tank with dry rock, so I forked over the cash for live from a local shop. Live rock usually goes for around $6-8 per pound.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    I have looked at the fluval Evo and like the idea of an all in one unit. since my space and budget is really limiting me to small aquaria this would be the way to go. I feel confident in my ability to keep up the water parameters in a small container. I would like to try some smaller motile inverts for the most part and I realize that fish would need to be very limited in such a system. I may have to start thinking about some plans. thank you for being an inspiration.
    Brian

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Any time, Brian. Feel free to reach out to me if that’s the route you wish to take. I can share a lot of my experiences as well as many other’s as I was in the Evo reef groups on FB and saw a lot of experiences other folks had with the system. Starting on the marine side just last year, a lot of the hiccups of beginning in the SW stuff are still fresh in my mind and I can help with suggestions on making the transition smoother and less stressful.