· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Hello, Robert here...

0 Not allowed!
    Hello, I maintained a 45 gallon flat back hex aquarium for years before I married my wife. However, prior to getting married I sold all of my fish, and I never got around to setting my aquarium up again. Now, ten years later we have purchased land to build a house. She gets an in ground swimming pool, and I get a man cave that will provide space for an aquarium. I decided to start up an aquarium again ASAP once we get moved in. Therefore, I feel that I need to get a head start on my research now. I would like to have a semi-clear idea of what I want, and a good understanding of how to get there by the time we move into our new house.
    This is why I am here, and what I hope to achieve.

-Robert

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's  to getting well! - Rue   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   A cup of coffee to get your day started. - gadget228   For 10K posts, finally - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Boundava   
    HIV/AIDS - William   Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - William   

0 Not allowed!
    Hi and welcome. Hope to see you around a lot.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Season's Greetings! - Rue   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   DT runner up-you deserve a cookie! - Boundava   Thanks for the Birthday wishes. - Taurus   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - gadget228   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - gadget228   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gadget228   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - gadget228   Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus -  Animal Cruelty - gadget228   

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome to the AC...
    You're getting old when you get the same sensation from a rocking chair that you once got from a roller coaster.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish. - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome
    What species you thinking of keeping, small, large or odballs? How big a tank?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome.

But an inground pool (lucky wife) not to mention the maintenance, chemicals, party preparations now for all of your friends visiting, certainly deserves space for more than one aquarium. Just think ahead, in case the bug hits stronger once you get back into this hobby.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's a betta for you. - Slaphppy7   For your oscar heimlich rescue :) - BluewaterBoof   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    welcome to the AC and welcome back to the hobby. I really think you would be better off using the in ground pool for some real tank buster fish.
    Brian

I wish I had a Fish Wish Dish.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome to the forum.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    @ Riyadh - I would like to keep small tropical community fish again. I prefer most of my fish to be in the 1.5"-2.5" range with no more than three species in the 3"-6" range. I always enjoyed the different colors, and that their size, and peacefulness allowed for several different species. I would really like to set up an aquarium around a large school of Tiger Barbs, or a large school of Serpae Tetra with a balance of top, mid, and bottom dwellers. I love so many different types of fish, but unfortunately they can not all survive in the same environment. If I could work miracles I would have Cherry Barbs, Gold Barbs, Tiger Barbs, Ghost Catfish, Albino Corydoras, Peppered Corydoras, Zebra Danios, Silver Hatchetfish, Coolie Loaches, White Cloud Mountain Minnows, Diamond Tetras, Serpae Tetras, a Pleco (definitely not a common), some Cherry Shrimp, and an Apple Snail (I will NEVER have hermaphroditic snails again) for character. Speaking of aquarium inhabitants that I will never have again... I had problems with Bala, Rainbow, and Redtail sharks terrorizing their tank mates, I had a crayfish for one day before fish started coming up missing, I had a Siamese Fighting Fish that was always a victim, and I had some crabs that spent more time running across the carpet than they did in the aquarium. However, this setup would end up with 90% of the fish dead from something, and none of the living fish healthy. I can not have that. As far as size... it depends. If I decide on the Tiger Barbs, or the Serpae Tetra I will be in the 120-140 gallon range. However, there is still a chance that I will go with larger fish if I decide to go with another one of my favorite fish the Clown Loach. If I decide to go with the Clown Loach I will be in the 180-200 gallon range.

@ SueD - I have explained to my wife that I need a minimum of two aquariums. I told her no fish comes home, and immediately enters the community. I will definitely have a second 20-30 gallon aquarium for quarantine. However, if I do get hit harder by the bug then I am expecting I am going to set up my old 45 gallon flat back hex, if the seals still hold water, for a Siamese Fighting Fish. The most beautiful fish that I have ever kept was a deep red wine colored Fighter with long flowing fins. In my opinion there is no fish that can compete, and I find myself speechless when others disagree. I would love to have an aquarium dedicated to one of these with an array of excellent tank mates.

@ bpete - If it were warm enough here I would definitely love to see some Red Tail Catfish, and Peacock Bass in some crystal clear water. Maybe even some Black Pacu.

-Robert

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish. - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Nice, I like large Tanks. However if you want to keep so many different species, what about a wall of 60cm or 90cm tanks instead.

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

It's a hot toddy. - Taurus   Here's to the "blue ribbon" tetra! - Slaphppy7   Hope you had a happy birthday! We are both March babies :) - discusluv   Good to hear from you again! - Slaphppy7   Happy Independence Day! - Slaphppy7   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome to the AC ;-)
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep