· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

To keep you encouraged. - mac   For your label making abilities - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

Default Feeding Recommendations

1 Not allowed!
    So my grandma took over my 20gal Ive got her all set up and fish in it buutttt we totally forgot fishfood oops, so were going out again later to buy food.

Weve got 2 silver mollies, 4 Dalmatian mollies, and 6 red eye Tetras, and we might add 2 platys in the future

What should we get for food? Ive only kept bettas so far and theyre easy to feed.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

4 Not allowed!
    I like to feed a wide variety of food that includes a good flake food, Fluval Bug Bites granules, several frozen foods like daphnia, brine shrimp, blood worms. I don't generally feed pellets but many people do. You can start with a good pellet, like New Life Spectrum, or a good flake food (I use New Life Spectrum flakes also). Maybe add some frozen treats later once a week or so.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

3 Not allowed!
    Great post from Sue.

To expand on that a bit, there are also freeze-dried versions of the types she mentioned, but it is worth noting that those tend to float as they contain air. I prefer to soak the freeze-dried stuff in a shot glass before adding to the tank.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    All great advice.

For pellet foods (it's what I feed, I find there's less mess) NLS as Sue mentioned is a good quality. Also North Fin and Omega One. Omega One makes good quality flakes as well. NLS has Optimum H20 flakes too.

I won't bother with the others anymore like Hikari Gold because it contains too much filler and corn which is not good for fish.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congrats with the trivia contest! - Slaphppy7   Thanks for taking the time with my angel :) - angelcraze2   Congrats on winning the DT! - Silbar   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    This is not necessary for their survival, but the mollies and platies would likely benefit too from periodic feedings with boiled spinach or other vegetables as they are omnivorous in nature.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's a betta for you. - Slaphppy7   For your oscar heimlich rescue :) - BluewaterBoof   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    it certainly can be daunting to try and sort through all of the choices. if you can get your hands on some I like to occasionally feed live fruit flies. I am not sure about the tetra's taking them but I bet the mollies would enjoy them. your best bet is to probably culture them yourself. I have only rarely seen them for sale.
    Brian

I wish I had a Fish Wish Dish.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

2 Not allowed!
    You can find wingless fruit flies in with reptile foods, they are pretty readily available in the chain pet stores.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No arowanas or bichirs in the shop, so have a gourami instead - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congratulations on winning POTM! - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Since you're from Canada I will recommend Canadian made food that is good quality at a good price.

Feed Northfin Veggie pellets with Bug Bites community granule; that way you'll accommodate the more herbivorous nature of your livebearers while fulfilling that aspect of your tetras omnivorous diet. The Bug Bites will provide bonus protein for your livebearers and fulfill the carnivorous part of your tetras diet.