· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old Favorites

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   For new fish ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Good luck on your exam! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    I love this thread! Thanks for posting, Lee!
    You have seen my tetras too many times. Im sure no one wants to see them again.
    I haven't gotten any new ones-- no fish lately.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - Hockey nut   Congrats on the baby Dupe - Silbar   No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    I had glowlight tetras for so many years, I think I just got tired of them for a while. Might try them again someday.

When you talk about the bleeding hearts eating smaller fish, have you experienced this? I don't have those, but my diamond tetras are on the large size and I didn't seem to have a problem with them eating the fry when they got to a certain size - which was smaller that what you would buy. I only have 2 diamond adults now, but a couple of months ago 3 diamond fry emerged and they've grown to survive both their parents as well as the HY511's and silver tetras in there. I also recently bought 5 more HY511's to add to my group of 5 adults. They came in not much bigger than fry (which disappointed my LFS) but they have been so healthy and are thriving among the big guys. I know it could be pricey if the bleeding hearts did eat some newer additions, so it may not be worth it to you, but...
    Last edited by SueD; 06-25-2018 at 03:09 AM.

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I hope you get well soon! - Silbar   Happy Father's Day! - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback - Silbar   cheers! - RiversGirl   Thank you for the Rep! - angelcraze2   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Yes, they enjoyed their meal of .05" Neon's very much
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's a betta for you. - Slaphppy7   For your oscar heimlich rescue :) - BluewaterBoof   

2 Not allowed!
    That reminds me of a cartoon I seen. Oh dear it looks like you $2 fish just ate your $50"dollar fish
    Brian

I wish I had a Fish Wish Dish.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - Hockey nut   Congrats on the baby Dupe - Silbar   No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler58 View Post
    Yes, they enjoyed their meal of .05" Neon's very much
    Oh, sorry. Neons are so streamlined in shape.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   You will win this battle against the nematodes. - RiversGirl   teacher/friend - marc4   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    I saw the original flame tetras at a store I promised myself I'd never buy from again. I believe they are sold out atm, but I was so tempted to try these at one point. I just can't order from that place :(

I personally still love the red phantom tetras. I have yet to find more and I've been looking for a few years.

I have to grow out smaller tetras first before I add them to my community tanks.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12