· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 89 of 93 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

1 Not allowed!
    It's probably a pretty good indication that your bubble algae has gotten out of control when your female clownfish starts using it as a host. She's been wallowing in a patch of it for days. At first I thought she was sick or dying, but research suggests she's nesting. In the dang bubble algae. Seriously? There are 2 nice fluffy frogspawns and a nice fluffy hammer coral. Me and my weirdo fish. I've ordered some Vibrant. It's supposed to help clear up bubble algae. We'll see. I'm not brave enough yet to try my hand at keeping an anemone, not to mention that the tank probably isn't mature enough to maintain one yet anyway.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    WOW I had to look up bubble algae-it is weird. Looks like blown glass...so odd. Doesn't seem like its nice stuff-though it looks prettier than most freshwater algae. Lol with your silly clownfish using it as a host.
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    I know some people who lost their euphyllia when their clowns thought they would make good hosts, so maybe that’s a blessing that yours is leaving the corals alone haha

I’ve heard mixed reviews about Vibrant. The biggest concern with that stuff is that you need to make sure you have very strong oxygenation going on while using it. I’ve heard a a good amount of folks losing stock when they use it and the blame is usually on it using up the available oxygen.

I forget, are you using RODI water for your saltwater mix or tap water? Tap water is notorious for contributing elevated levels of nutrients for algae in saltwater setups, so that may be contributing to your algae problem.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

1 Not allowed!
    I've got the red bubble algae. I think maybe the green is more typical. Or at least that's what I seem to see plaguing other tanks the most. Either way, they both look like blown glass. Which is kind of cool. If it would keep to one area, it could stay, but it wants to be everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    WOW I had to look up bubble algae-it is weird. Looks like blown glass...so odd. Doesn't seem like its nice stuff-though it looks prettier than most freshwater algae. Lol with your silly clownfish using it as a host.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I'd heard that too and I sure don't want them loving my euphyllia to death.

I had to keep an air stone running with the ChemiClean. I didn't know I'd need it with the Vibrant, but that's good to know. Thank you for that info!

I am using well water for my water changes and top off. Our TDS levels aren't too bad, but it is probably contributing to the bubble algae growth. Once construction is done, I want to install an RODI unit in the new laundry room. Things are moving along, but because we live in an old, wonky house, the framing of the addition is taking longer than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    I know some people who lost their euphyllia when their clowns thought they would make good hosts, so maybe that’s a blessing that yours is leaving the corals alone haha

I’ve heard mixed reviews about Vibrant. The biggest concern with that stuff is that you need to make sure you have very strong oxygenation going on while using it. I’ve heard a a good amount of folks losing stock when they use it and the blame is usually on it using up the available oxygen.

I forget, are you using RODI water for your saltwater mix or tap water? Tap water is notorious for contributing elevated levels of nutrients for algae in saltwater setups, so that may be contributing to your algae problem.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    I'm sorry for the loss of your blenny.

Your master bathroom sounds like a dream-build! You do you and don't even let others distract you with their silly, non-fish-keeper comments. hahaha
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Thank you, RG. It will be a dream when it's finished. Some days it borders on nightmare - one where everything is moving in slow motion, except for you and you just want everything else around you to catch up. Their work schedule is unpredictable. Sometimes they show up early and work until dark and sometimes they don't show up at all. Sometimes you can tell they got a lot done and sometimes you wonder what the heck they were doing all day. I keep telling myself that, while this project will take much longer than simply moving to a different house, it's better than having to pack up everything in the house and move it all to a new location. That would really be a nightmare!
    I'm lucky that my husband is laid back, patient and used to my level of crazy. He keeps me grounded and knows I need to have other distractions to help keep me sane through this, so my planning a tank (or 2) in the new master bath is a small price to pay. He's got my back on the bathroom aquarium situation. And I agree... non-fish-keeper types can shut their pie-hole.

Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    I'm sorry for the loss of your blenny.

Your master bathroom sounds like a dream-build! You do you and don't even let others distract you with their silly, non-fish-keeper comments. hahaha

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Took some contractors SEVEN MONTHS to add a single room to my brother-in-law's home. They started in January and finally finished the last of the wiring about a week ago. Blew my mind. Nothing fancy, just a modest room about 12x13-ish in size. If it was me I would have lost my cool months ago. When I was in my late teens I did a short stint in the construction world. I saw first-hand how quickly even small crews could build houses or renovate entire floors in office buildings. We're talking a matter of weeks to a few months, max, depending on the size of the project. It's amazing how fast a crew moves when they know they will lose out on contracts if they take too long.

Nowadays I work in the mortgage industry and we do a fair share of loans for new construction homes. Average build times from laying foundation to a complete home is right around 2-3 months, and those builders are usually spread thin as they are building multiple homes in that subdivision at the same time. Someone taking 6 months just to add a room is criminal, in my opinion.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    That is ridiculous! The only house I ever had built only took 3-4 months to build, from breaking ground to moving in, but that was when I lived in a small town. This whole process is taking WAY longer than I ever thought it would - from finding a contractor, to getting the estimate, to breaking ground and everything ongoing. I'm hoping our project will be done by fall, but I'll be surprised if it actually is finished by then.

Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    Took some contractors SEVEN MONTHS to add a single room to my brother-in-law's home. They started in January and finally finished the last of the wiring about a week ago. Blew my mind. Nothing fancy, just a modest room about 12x13-ish in size. If it was me I would have lost my cool months ago. When I was in my late teens I did a short stint in the construction world. I saw first-hand how quickly even small crews could build houses or renovate entire floors in office buildings. We're talking a matter of weeks to a few months, max, depending on the size of the project. It's amazing how fast a crew moves when they know they will lose out on contracts if they take too long.

Nowadays I work in the mortgage industry and we do a fair share of loans for new construction homes. Average build times from laying foundation to a complete home is right around 2-3 months, and those builders are usually spread thin as they are building multiple homes in that subdivision at the same time. Someone taking 6 months just to add a room is criminal, in my opinion.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    I've marked my calendar and am excited for this event next year.

Tornado Alley Reef Expo.jpg

Page 89 of 93 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast