· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 86 of 93 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

1 Not allowed!
    I think having the ramping up and down option would be nice, but not nice enough to pay that much extra money. My fish and corals seem happy and the corals are growing, slowly but surely. I noticed today while doing my water change that my hammer and the biggest frogspawn each had a new head. So even with my well water and cheap lights, my little low-tech reef is chugging along.
    The purple and green trumpet coral got moved from the QT to the DT this morning and I brought home 3 little fishies for the QT this afternoon. They're getting their Safety Stop two part treatment at the moment. These were on my short list and I hope they will survive, grow and thrive. As long as they all make it, I will probably only add one more fish to the tank and call it fully stocked.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Yay to the new fishies! Always fun getting new critters to see how they take to their new environment.

Congrats on the new euphyllia heads. Are they splits/divisions from existing heads, or are they those tiny little new ones that sprout from the "stalks"?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you! The new heads are splits from existing heads. I haven't seen any tiny ones around the base yet. I'm happy that the LPS growing and thriving. It makes me feel like I'm doing ok with this reef adventure.
    I noticed last night that the new trumpet coral has a dang vermetid snail tube poking thru one of the heads. I can't believe I never noticed that while it was in quarantine or when I had it in the coral dip! Luckily, I didn't glue down the frag, so it should be fairly easy to lift it out to put a drop of super glue gel to seal the tube.

Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    Yay to the new fishies! Always fun getting new critters to see how they take to their new environment.

Congrats on the new euphyllia heads. Are they splits/divisions from existing heads, or are they those tiny little new ones that sprout from the "stalks"?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by showmebutterfly View Post
    I noticed last night that the new trumpet coral has a dang vermetid snail tube poking thru one of the heads.
    Raisins_Face.jpg

I had one of those ride in on my purple-tip frogspawn frag. Three months later they were all over my tank. Like more than I could count. Their empty tubes are still spattered around my rockwork but they are relics of harder times; no longer do I see any new ones pop up or see the mucus lines that they cast out for food. The only thing that killed them off was starving the tank. I stopped all broadcast feedings and only fed my fish directly for a few weeks. This was easy for me because I had just sold off most of my corals so I wasn't constantly wanting to feed the tank.

One of the frags that I bought from Coral Con last month had some vermetid tubes on it. I took some needle-nosed pliers and crushed the tubes and their bases prior to soaking in my coral dip. I watched with malicious glee as their mangled bodies dropped off the frags as I soaked and squirted them with the dip solution.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    I've had several vermetids in my tank. I think the first one came in on the back of a turbo snail. Now I have a turbo with a blob of dried glue on its back. lol Whenever I see a web, I try to track down the source and super glue the tube shut. I haven't seen any new webs in a long time, until last night. Since I'd had my hands in the tank quite a bit with the water change yesterday, I'll be dealing with the new pest this evening.
    That's good to know about being able to starve them out though. I try to feed lightly and skip a day every now and then. My bristleworm population has dwindled as a result. I'm ok with that. I used to see them everywhere and now I very rarely see even one.

Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    Raisins_Face.jpg

I had one of those ride in on my purple-tip frogspawn frag. Three months later they were all over my tank. Like more than I could count. Their empty tubes are still spattered around my rockwork but they are relics of harder times; no longer do I see any new ones pop up or see the mucus lines that they cast out for food. The only thing that killed them off was starving the tank. I stopped all broadcast feedings and only fed my fish directly for a few weeks. This was easy for me because I had just sold off most of my corals so I wasn't constantly wanting to feed the tank.

One of the frags that I bought from Coral Con last month had some vermetid tubes on it. I took some needle-nosed pliers and crushed the tubes and their bases prior to soaking in my coral dip. I watched with malicious glee as their mangled bodies dropped off the frags as I soaked and squirted them with the dip solution.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Yeah I had a bunch of bristleworms for a while. They were pretty brave and would crawl out of the rockwork during feeding time, even with the lights on. I didn't really care much because they left everything else alone. Now that you brought them up, I just realized that I haven't seen a bristleworm in the tank for around a week or so, which is fairly odd considering how easy they were to see in the past. The only new fish in the tank are the gobies, which were added about two and a half weeks ago. I wonder if the gobies are to blame for the disappearance of the bristleworms? A quick Google search indicates that yes, some gobies will most certainly eat bristlworms. Hmmmm...very interesting.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Congrats on your new fish!
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you, Rivers! Unfortunately, I think they may have marine velvet. I've ordered some copper to treat them with, but it won't be here until Friday. One of them has been out and about and is eating well, one hides but will come out to eat and one is hiding and I haven't seen him eating. I really hope they can hang in there and will get well with the treatment, once it arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    Congrats on your new fish!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Best wishes that you've caught it early and they respond well to your treatment.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    Best wishes that you've caught it early and they respond well to your treatment.

Page 86 of 93 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast