· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 80 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    How exciting! Good luck to you as tomorrow is the big day! Hope its not too crazy for me at work tomorrow so I can check in to read about the progress.
    Thank you, Natalie! I'm hoping it will go fairly smoothly and that it won't take all day.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Well look at who the reefer madness took a hold of!

Glad to see everything is going so well and that you're in the middle of a fairly sweet upgrade. Just make sure you're using the correct type of silicone and not that GE Type II stuff that I had used and killed a couple corals with.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    Well look at who the reefer madness took a hold of!

Glad to see everything is going so well and that you're in the middle of a fairly sweet upgrade. Just make sure you're using the correct type of silicone and not that GE Type II stuff that I had used and killed a couple corals with.
    Thank you!
    Believe me, I checked, double checked and triple checked the silicone! I even re-checked the tube again this morning before we started moving anything. I definitely remember all the problems you had. I hope your tank is doing well!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Start to almost finished - 4 1/2 hours.
    If I hadn't cracked the center brace when I was putting the rocks back in, I'd be done. But now we have to figure out how to fix that, because the lids need that support and I can't use my lights without the lids.
    The contractor is here now to go over our estimate and contract for our home project. After he leaves, I'm hoping we can get to work on the brace and I can be done.
    I'm tired, y'all.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by showmebutterfly View Post
    I hope your tank is doing well!
    Well, we had planned on a move at the beginning of the year and I had sold off almost all my aquarium stuff in anticipation of the move. Life threw us another curve ball and we haven't moved...yet. We still want to move in a few months, so I haven't really made an attempt to rebuild my aquarium stuff. I'll update a couple of my threads for the remaining tanks/animals for those interested. It's been quite a while since I've really contributed here on the forum so it's not going to be like a big return of the Boofmiester as Spardas likes to call me haha I might have something worthy of attention towards the fall after we have moved but for now my setups are running on bare minimum with very little stock.

Glad to see you guys are enjoying the saltwater stuff. It feels like just yesterday that we were trying to push you into doing something other that a FOWLR tank and now here you are with all kinds of goodies and a new setup in the works :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Very cool!

No bueno about the center brace. I hope you can fix that. I had my own issues with a failed brace a couple years back and ended up getting rid of that tank because I couldn't repair it sufficiently.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Very cool!

No bueno about the center brace. I hope you can fix that. I had my own issues with a failed brace a couple years back and ended up getting rid of that tank because I couldn't repair it sufficiently.
    We got it fixed! I'm a happy reefer.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Well, we had planned on a move at the beginning of the year and I had sold off almost all my aquarium stuff in anticipation of the move. Life threw us another curve ball and we haven't moved...yet. We still want to move in a few months, so I haven't really made an attempt to rebuild my aquarium stuff. I'll update a couple of my threads for the remaining tanks/animals for those interested. It's been quite a while since I've really contributed here on the forum so it's not going to be like a big return of the Boofmiester as Spardas likes to call me haha I might have something worthy of attention towards the fall after we have moved but for now my setups are running on bare minimum with very little stock.

Glad to see you guys are enjoying the saltwater stuff. It feels like just yesterday that we were trying to push you into doing something other that a FOWLR tank and now here you are with all kinds of goodies and a new setup in the works :)
    Bummer about the move delay. Hopefully everything will fall into place soon and you can get settled.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle. - Slaphppy7   Have a tetra, glad your here ;-) - steeler58   They didn't have an eel so here's a foxface haha - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by showmebutterfly View Post
    We got it fixed! I'm a happy reefer.
    Iím curious to how you did it, for future reference

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Brace update: It ain't pretty, but it holds up the glass lids. That's good enough for me and it was an inexpensive fix. My husband wanted to cut the pvc pipe in half lengthwise to make it lower profile, but I told him not to bother. He also wanted to cut the bolts off flush with the nuts, again I told him not to bother. That's something we can do later if they become a distraction.
    First FTS of the 65g, up and running. It will be a while before I have the aquascape situated, but I think the fish and corals have been disturbed enough for a while. I'm hoping the micro bubbles from the skimmer will calm down after it's broken in. The bubbles from the HOB filter waterfall isn't bothering me too much.
    My husband and I think I'll probably end up adding sand, but I do like being able to move the rock around on the HDPE without hearing that scraping on glass sound.
    Last edited by showmebutterfly; 05-09-2019 at 01:22 AM.

Page 80 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast