· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 51 of 93 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

1 Not allowed!
    Thank you, Matt and Matt! @mch1984 @Slaphppy7 The tank looked huge at the seller's house. It looks tiny in our garage. lol But I'm happy to have it and may have even made a new fish friend in town. The guy had several large tanks with cichlids. He's interested in SW, but hasn't made the leap yet. His wife friended my on Facebook so we could keep in touch.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Wooooooo! Congrats on the tank, Rebecca!

Matt, yeah, you just download it either on your computer or your phone. I have it on my phone. Once you create a project it will give you options for saving/sharing etc. I think the first time you select Youtube from the sharing options it has you provide your login details. It's been a long time since I originally set my up so I don't remember all the parts to it, but I'm pretty sure it just asks for user name and password. After that initial login it is seamless and you shouldn't have to login each time. Once you're logged in and choose the Youtube option, it will take you to a screen where you enter in your title, description, tags, etc and choose the resolution you want to upload in. I don't really mess with any of that, except for the resolution portion. I still like to add a soundtrack to my vids so I do all the title editing and stuff on Youtube's main site once the video is uploaded.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle. - Slaphppy7   Have a tetra, glad your here ;-) - steeler58   They didn't have an eel so here's a foxface haha - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    Wooooooo! Congrats on the tank, Rebecca!

Matt, yeah, you just download it either on your computer or your phone. I have it on my phone. Once you create a project it will give you options for saving/sharing etc. I think the first time you select Youtube from the sharing options it has you provide your login details. It's been a long time since I originally set my up so I don't remember all the parts to it, but I'm pretty sure it just asks for user name and password. After that initial login it is seamless and you shouldn't have to login each time. Once you're logged in and choose the Youtube option, it will take you to a screen where you enter in your title, description, tags, etc and choose the resolution you want to upload in. I don't really mess with any of that, except for the resolution portion. I still like to add a soundtrack to my vids so I do all the title editing and stuff on Youtube's main site once the video is uploaded.
    Well I'm starting to think the issue is that I recorded in 4k, and the file is so big nothing likes it. I plugged my phone into my laptop and it shows every picture and video except that one. I may have to shoot one more time in 1080 and see if that's the problem

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

2 Not allowed!
    One of the guy's cichlid tanks. I got distracted and didn't get pics of the other 3 (or maybe 4) tanks. There were lots of fluffy little dogs to pet and fish to see and price negotiations on the 65g. Lots of talking. We were there almost an hour. I love the lights he made to suspend over the tank. It's in their kitchen and dining space and I thought the use of the colanders was pretty darn clever and a little kitschy, which I love.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle. - Slaphppy7   Have a tetra, glad your here ;-) - steeler58   They didn't have an eel so here's a foxface haha - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by showmebutterfly View Post
    One of the guy's cichlid tanks. I got distracted and didn't get pics of the other 3 (or maybe 4) tanks. There were lots of fluffy little dogs to pet and fish to see and price negotiations on the 65g. Lots of talking. We were there almost an hour. I love the lights he made to suspend over the tank. It's in their kitchen and dining space and I thought the use of the colanders was pretty darn clever and a little kitschy, which I love.
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...823cd4d0c1.jpg
    That's a nice tank, and I kind of like the lights too.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you, Andre @BluewaterBoof I've been looking for an editing app, so I'm glad you've recommended one for Matt. I may try it out as well.

@mch1984 I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with the video. I feel a bit responsible since you were trying to make the video for me and the hubs. I hope we're not causing you too much aggravation. Not that I don't like aggravating my fishy friends, but technical difficulties are not the fun kind of aggravating.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Thank you, Andre @BluewaterBoof I've been looking for an editing app, so I'm glad you've recommended one for Matt. I may try it out as well.

@mch1984 I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with the video. I feel a bit responsible since you were trying to make the video for me and the hubs. I hope we're not causing you too much aggravation. Not that I don't like aggravating my fishy friends, but technical difficulties are not the fun kind of aggravating.
    Not at all, any time spent messing with, talking about, or working on my fish tanks is fun. It's pretty much my only hobby and my entire family's life is pretty much entrenched in it. They don't tend to mind, or have just accepted their fate lol.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    I had the hubs read all this and look at the pic. He said he sort of understands what y'all are talking about. lol If we go with a sump, he's willing and able to help with the plumbing.
    Standpipe on left side is cut slightly shorter so that the water drains down that one instead of both. Backup drain on the left to be plumbed separately. If the main drain becomes plugged, the water level in the overflow chamber will start rising. Once it rises to the height of the secondary drainís standpipe, it will start draining through that secondary system instead of just spilling over the edge of the overflow chamber and making a mess.

DEE4459D-BDA6-4BCB-84D1-14F25E60B05C.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    Standpipe on left side is cut slightly shorter so that the water drains down that one instead of both. Backup drain on the left to be plumbed separately. If the main drain becomes plugged, the water level in the overflow chamber will start rising. Once it rises to the height of the secondary drain’s standpipe, it will start draining through that secondary system instead of just spilling over the edge of the overflow chamber and making a mess.

DEE4459D-BDA6-4BCB-84D1-14F25E60B05C.jpg
    This is correct, except I would suggest one thing different. I would drop the level of the main drain by a couple of inches. If it's deeper in the overflow, there is less chance of any air being sucked into causing the loud noises. Honestly if you could just take the entire piece of tubing out of one side and leave the other I would do that.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Well, Matt... I think you should include an illustration with that idea. Are you really going to let Andre outdo you like that?!
    BTW Andre, your drawing skills are getting really good!

Quote Originally Posted by mch1984 View Post
    This is correct, except I would suggest one thing different. I would drop the level of the main drain by a couple of inches. If it's deeper in the overflow, there is less chance of any air being sucked into causing the loud noises. Honestly if you could just take the entire piece of tubing out of one side and leave the other I would do that.

Page 51 of 93 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast