· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 43 of 93 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the laugh! - BluewaterBoof   Congratulations on the return! - AmazonJoe   Thank you for your inside and suggestions - Silbar   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   You need one more for the 17ft tank lol - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    The good thing about all of this is you treated immediately and everyone survived. They're all eating as well, so that's a good sign.

The 40 is looking good but keeping working your husband so you can get a bigger tank, lol. It's always better to get a bigger tank for saltwater. Then you aren't limited as much.
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle. - Slaphppy7   Have a tetra, glad your here ;-) - steeler58   They didn't have an eel so here's a foxface haha - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    LED drivers?

Can you have too much light in a SW tank?
    Yup! Sure can, thatís how I killed three of the frags I picked up in Orlando. Hard lesson learned from a stupid mistake. I put my little frag rack and left it to high in my tank. Light bleached all of them in a day.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by showmebutterfly View Post
    Those are nice. Maybe someday I'll have something all swanky like that.
    They are swanky alright.
    1k each my way.

So I am running cheap and easy zetlight 1202a Wi-Fi 16w but they punch above their weight that's for sure.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

1 Not allowed!
    Thank you. I think I may have him talked into letting me upgrade the 40B to a 65. He is not on board with me having a drilled tank or a sump though. I have a few months to wear him down on that, but I may have to compromise and be happy to at least have a bigger tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spardas View Post
    The good thing about all of this is you treated immediately and everyone survived. They're all eating as well, so that's a good sign.

The 40 is looking good but keeping working your husband so you can get a bigger tank, lol. It's always better to get a bigger tank for saltwater. Then you aren't limited as much.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

1 Not allowed!
    Oh no! That's too bad about the frags. I'm hoping the addition of the T8s will kill the red bubble algae that's been popping up under the FW light I had been using. I'm also hoping that it will increase the tiny amount of coralline algae that's starting to grow in a few places.
    Quote Originally Posted by mch1984 View Post
    Yup! Sure can, thatís how I killed three of the frags I picked up in Orlando. Hard lesson learned from a stupid mistake. I put my little frag rack and left it to high in my tank. Light bleached all of them in a day.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Yikes. Too swanky for me! Unless we win the lottery. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    They are swanky alright.
    1k each my way.

So I am running cheap and easy zetlight 1202a Wi-Fi 16w but they punch above their weight that's for sure.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yellow / lemon damsel. I love them. I want one. Maybe when I get the larger tank (65g). They are supposedly less aggressive than other damsels. I am concerned that it may see my yellow clown goby as a threat since they are basically the same color.
    Can fish see color? Or do they recognize conspecifics by body shape?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the laugh! - BluewaterBoof   Congratulations on the return! - AmazonJoe   Thank you for your inside and suggestions - Silbar   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   You need one more for the 17ft tank lol - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    There are many articles out there that discuss about this subject, you can probably search for them if you did a Google search. Damsels specifically are mean and nasty once they get to an adult stage. What they see as competition for food, they will challenge and harass. They are smart enough to know what is a natural predator though and steer clear of those guys. Even with my first salt water tank, the damsel grew to be about 4 inches and was a total menace. From then on, I only keep them with large aggressive fishes or as a food source for predators. I've also heard plenty of folks who described their sweet little damsel turned out to be devil's incarnate by the time it grew older. This is most likely because of the confine of a small tank. Even when I went scuba diving in the wild, these guys are pretty bold and can hold their own against bigger fishes. I see them slapping their tail at eels, angels, parrotfish, etc. on numerous dives.

There are more mellow genus out there, but as with all fishes, there can be exceptions.
    Last edited by Spardas; 09-09-2018 at 05:26 PM.
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle. - Slaphppy7   Have a tetra, glad your here ;-) - steeler58   They didn't have an eel so here's a foxface haha - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    the biggest caution against the damsel is that you already have clowns. Once one of them transitions into a female you’ll have a little devil on your hands. My female clown will take on anything in the tank. It’s her tank and she knows it. I love her and I always have pep talks with new fish before they go in. Pep talks are all about dealing with her.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you. I'll look for those articles! I want everyone to play nice in my tank. At least as much as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spardas View Post
    There are many articles out there that discuss about this subject, you can probably search for them if you did a Google search. Damsels specifically are mean and nasty once they get to an adult stage. What they see as competition for food, they will challenge and harass. They are smart enough to know what is a natural predator though and steer clear of those guys. Even with my first salt water tank, the damsel grew to be about 4 inches and was a total menace. From then on, I only keep them with large aggressive fishes or as a food source for predators. I've also heard plenty of folks who described their sweet little damsel turned out to be devil's incarnate by the time it grew older. This is most likely because of the confine of a small tank. Even when I went scuba diving in the wild, these guys are pretty bold and can hold their own against bigger fishes. I see them slapping their tail at eels, angels, parrotfish, etc. on numerous dives.

There are more mellow genus out there, but as with all fishes, there can be exceptions.

Page 43 of 93 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast