· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 37 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

2 Not allowed!
    As the fish are nearing the end of their ich treatment using the tank transfer method, I decided to gather up all my SW buckets, nets and misc. equipment and dunk them all in a mild bleach and water bath. Everything is rinsed and drying now. It's an extra, and probably unnecessary, precaution, but it made me feel better. Later this week they'll have their final transfer and this time they will transfer to the 20g QT instead of a tote. I will be so glad to get them settled into the QT!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Glass cutting is actually not to hard.

I use a diamond wheel on a dremil set to mid speed a garden hose and foam board under the glass.

Slow and steady dose it.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Sorry to read about the ich, but glad they are on the mend. I would have done the same with bleaching everything. Hope its all goes smoothly from here.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's a betta for you. - Slaphppy7   For your oscar heimlich rescue :) - BluewaterBoof   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    sounds like you got it by the tail. I am glad things are shaping up for you.
    Brian

I wish I had a Fish Wish Dish.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    I'm hoping we won't need to cut any more glass, but if we do I will certainly tell the hubs about your method. He tried using some kind of metal cutting tool that's supposed to score the glass and then it just snaps off. I think it didn't work as intended because the glass lid is likely tempered glass. He did break out his dremil set in the end to try to straighten up where it broke. We didn't think to use water though. I guess if we'd taken the time to do a Google search or watch a YouTube video we could have done a better job. At least the skimmer fits on the tank now.

Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Glass cutting is actually not to hard.

I use a diamond wheel on a dremil set to mid speed a garden hose and foam board under the glass.

Slow and steady dose it.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you, Natalie. So far, so good. I try not to be overly optimistic because I don't want to jinx anything. The hubs was a bit surprised to come home from work and see aquarium equipment laying everywhere. No comment though, because he's gotten used to my crazy. Sometimes he asks why, mostly he shakes his head and sighs a lot. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    Sorry to read about the ich, but glad they are on the mend. I would have done the same with bleaching everything. Hope its all goes smoothly from here.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you, Brian. The fish are handling all the back and forth pretty well. Better than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by bpete View Post
    sounds like you got it by the tail. I am glad things are shaping up for you.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Almost there!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle. - Slaphppy7   Have a tetra, glad your here ;-) - steeler58   They didn't have an eel so here's a foxface haha - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by showmebutterfly View Post
    I'm hoping we won't need to cut any more glass, but if we do I will certainly tell the hubs about your method. He tried using some kind of metal cutting tool that's supposed to score the glass and then it just snaps off. I think it didn't work as intended because the glass lid is likely tempered glass. He did break out his dremil set in the end to try to straighten up where it broke. We didn't think to use water though. I guess if we'd taken the time to do a Google search or watch a YouTube video we could have done a better job. At least the skimmer fits on the tank now.
    Cutting or drilling glass is nervous work no matter what. I have to drill my pretty new tank and I'm nervous about it. If you ever do it again, he's right. You can't use too much water to do it, keep it as cool as possible.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I can just imagine how nervous you are. It makes my heart hurt to even think about drilling a tank. When the time comes, good luck and I hope all goes well!

Quote Originally Posted by mch1984 View Post
    Cutting or drilling glass is nervous work no matter what. I have to drill my pretty new tank and I'm nervous about it. If you ever do it again, he's right. You can't use too much water to do it, keep it as cool as possible.

Page 37 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast