· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thin Cory

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

Default Thin Cory

0 Not allowed!
    I've been trying to get a photo for 3-4 days and can't manage anything worth a darn. But I got my first set of Cories on the 18th of last month. They've been in QT with some Columbian tetras. Everyone looks phenomenal and is growing well except one little Cory. On week two I dosed food with Kanaplex for a three day run (all feedings) and since then it seems one of the little long fin Cories has been dropping weight and it's becoming more and more noticeable as the others are quickly outgrowing him and look full bodied as they should. The lil guy doesn't act as if anything is wrong I don't think anyway... He's thin from just behind his belly back it's almost like a wormy appearance.
    So I should be starting another go with Kanaplex and Metro but I'm a bit hesitant as I didn't notice him having a different appearance until after the first round.

SOOOooo dose them up like I normally would or wait? Or should I follow up with another round of something different instead? Prazi, Fenbenzadole, Levamisole rather than or 7 days following the second round of Kanaplex/Metroplex?

Also to note I usually do Kanaplex/Metro combined and only did Kanaplex the first go around as my Metro apparently wasn't closed tightly and got moisture in it as it was rock hard and solid so it was tossed and I ordered more for this round. Maybe that was my mistake and he just needs the metro?

Seriously adore these guys and only grabbed 5 as that's what was available. Would definitely like to not Bork this up lol

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Also... I've never caught the little boogers pooping so I've no idea what the appearance is but he doesn't have any anal areas swelling or redness that I've been able to discern.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

1 Not allowed!
    You've already maxed dosage on kanaplex for now. I would try API General Cure since it has both Prazi and Metro. I would still get levamisole and treat for 24hours with a 2ppm concentration, about 0.1g per 10 gallons (if you go over a little, it's not a big deal).

You may not catch them pooping because they will eventually grind out the poo as they search for food.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I think I can have the General cure pretty quickly since I'm certain I've seen it locally. But I do have to wait until Friday to order levamisole. How long should I wait between general cure and levamisole or does it matter?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

0 Not allowed!
    Not really, just do full treatment of General Cure. 90% water change or carbon, then dose the next day.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a cory for all your great pics ;-) - steeler58   Have a cory for all your great pics ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    What is it fed ?
    No Cory, No Glory !!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    What is it fed ?
    NLS flakes, veggi pellets and catfish pellets by (I think) aquatic blended foods.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a cory for all your great pics ;-) - steeler58   Have a cory for all your great pics ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Could it be those provide to less protein fot Corys to stay healthy. They are on the carnivorious side and get few nutritional value from vegs / algae.
    I don'y know what kind of catfish pellets they are, but could they also be meamd for more herbovorious catfish as well?

If this is the case, they'll get vunerable for all kind of infections and issues.
    No Cory, No Glory !!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Could be DD, this is the first time I have kept Cories. And they were kinda of an impulse purchase with some other fish I'd been looking for.
    The pellets are what I grew out my synodontis eupterus on and is a mix of earthworm based pellets and shrimp and krill based pellets. The veggi pellets are just that and I think spirunila based (I'd have to look up their ingredients I don't remember of the top of my head) and was primarily what I fed until I had them a week or 10 days. I finally got a chance to read up a bit more on them, and realized that the catfish pellets are more suitable for them. They do also get frozen some things once a week ish when I give most of my tanks frozen foods. Brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, blood worms or small krill I think is all I've fed frozen since they've been here.
    Last edited by sfsamm; 06-09-2018 at 03:46 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I have the same issue with one of my female rams. I have three bought all together, and this one still looks like a juvenile. Could be she is more timid with feeding, but I have confirmed a worm issue in the tank. Is your QT tank bare-bottom? I treated with Levamisole 2ppm dosage x3 every two weeks and lots of siphoning. I followed up with Fenbenzadole in food.

FYI I know you know, haha, but just a reminder to strictly keep all equipment seperate. Not even a drop of water on your fingers. And disinfect equipment periodically, I make sure to rinse everything well in hot tap water each use.
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 06-09-2018 at 06:07 PM.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat