· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    And Epsom salt is fine to leave in the tank unless dosing the whole tank heavily. I have added it in the past as a fert ingredient and when I have both lights running on the African tank I also dose about 1tbsp for the 55gal as my crypts hook without it under the higher light.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you so much sfsamm. I could dose a small amount to the main tank, like you say, it's fertilizer. I'll be doing a WC, the TDS is is a higher 160 atm, so I'll add Epsom salt with new lower TDS water. It's good she's in the isolation box cuz a pair of angels are getting ready to breed again. She'd get too picked on not being able to get out of the way without the protection. This morning she's is resting on the bottom of the isolation box Good sign, she wasn't able to rest before. I was worried about her drying out so that's really gooood!

I'll observe her today, gonna keep lights dim.

I'll update in a few hours. Hopefully Dr. @Rocksor can advise about baths? I figured if I needed a higher concentration of Epsom Salts, I could still do a bath. I'll be adding 1 tbsp per 10 gallons to the main tank. TY!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Oh, just a thought, maybe I could bathe her while I'm changing water? Any recommendations?
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Following your train of thought: You would need to remove the box she is in while you do a w/c regardless, correct?

Follow your instinct - you have good instincts. I'm sending you healing vibes.

Best of luck to you as you help her heal.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

5 Not allowed!
    Thanks RG :) She's ok!!! Yayyy!

I didn't even get a chance to do anything! I had to go out for a few hours, and since she was resting quietly on the bottom of the isolation box, I opted to let her rest a while longer while I was out. I thought about adding the salts to the tank before I left, but she was lying on the bottom like a normal angelfish, so I didn't want to add or change anything if it wasn't needed. There was a bunch of poop on the isolation box floor, so I did siphon (good ol turkey baster) before I left. When I got back, she was still resting quietly on the cage floor. So I tested her balance inside the cage before I let get go. That acrylic box works really well for this sort of thing. Think I might make or buy a bigger one. Very handy and clear to observe. Good for fry too.

Anyway, I can distinguish the female angelfish from the males in this tank, but I can never recognize between the females. I really don't know which one was in the cage. Guess it's a good sign she's looks normal and swimming normally!

I am sooooo happy she is ok today!!!! Thank you very much @sfsamm for helping me out. I'm actually very surprised it worked itself out, it was a bit scary because I've never seen a fish float like that. I would have thought she was on her way if I was new to fishkeeping. It's a good reminder for me not to overfeed, and also a good thing to watch for.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Yay! That's great news! I'm glad it all worked out for you!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post

Anyway, I can distinguish the female angelfish from the males in this tank, but I can never recognize between the females. I really don't know which one was in the cage. Guess it's a good sign she's looks normal and swimming normally!
    Wonderful news! I'm relieved that she is relieved! haha

And you did do something to help her. You kept her out of harm's way (from the pair you've mentioned) and gave her a nice nest to relax, feel safe in. You set it up in such a way to allow her some no-stress time, granting an opportunity for her to work everything out of her system. You absolutely helped her heal. Nicely done.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

1 Not allowed!
    I'm glad your angelfish is well again!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Thank you so much ladies. Everyone likes a happy ending!
    @RiversGirl hahaha, I'm relieved she's relieved or I scared the poop out of her.

I'll go with your theory.
    I can't remember when the pair (I can only recognize the male lol) last spawned, and the way they were acting that day, I was almost sure I'd see eggs. Well, no eggs afterall, but I know she was protected and hopefully felt safe in the isolation box. She honestly was concentrating so hard on staying below the water line, she wouldn't have been able to get out of the way. The box was absolutely for her protection.

I love this aquarium hobby, caring for fish, I never thought I'd be so into this. I just can't believe she was back to normal the next day after how she was feeling. This goes down in the books.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    For the record, no wonder I couldn't recognize her, it was a male in the isolation box. He looked so fat I thought he had eggs
    -Kat