· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle. - Slaphppy7   Have a tetra, glad your here ;-) - steeler58   They didn't have an eel so here's a foxface haha - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    Oh that's a crappy turn of luck. Sorry to hear you have to do all that extra work and wait for parts.
    Thanks, but its all good. We weren't at all in a hurry but my 12 gallon nano is currently housing his clown fish. Now that I have plans in motion to convert that into my planted on my other build, I'm getting anxious lol. I still have to buy the light and some more plants for it but I could at least play around with the scape and stuff. But if we are going to do this tank for my dad we might as well be patient and do it right.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle. - Slaphppy7   Have a tetra, glad your here ;-) - steeler58   They didn't have an eel so here's a foxface haha - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Well after two trips to Loweís we still have to go back. For some reason I ordered a thread by thread gate valve. Weíll go tomorrow and hopefully have this plumbed tomorrow night.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    This tank is going to be my demise and have me premonitly scared on plumbing. I didnít realize how tight the spaces were that I would be working in. I got the drain plumbing all cut, not glued. Went to start the return line and figure out I need one more piece. But at least there is some progress.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Plumbing the overflow definitely intimidated me a bit. I also decided to use silicone for all the joint seals as opposed to PVC cement so that it wouldn't require cutting up the pipes if I needed to make adjustments in the future.

I had the same gate valve (slip not threaded, though), but in the end I returned it because I wasn't sure if I wanted the hassle of fixing it if it ever decided to leak. I ended up with a lot of gurgling and splashing in the sump, but I almost eliminated all noise by just adding two 90* elbows at the bottom. I'm thinking of splicing in a wye down there and doing a reverse dorso to see if that further silences the drain. My wife claims she doesn't notice the overflow, but it's one of those things that is always nagging me haha

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    I’m not the best artist but here is what I did at the end of the drain.

72E77726-FBB8-4D83-94F7-0CFFF2F9D780.jpg

EDIT: I forgot I had posted a clip of my sump when I first got it going. You can see how I turned up and tilted the pipe in the clip. Post link
    Last edited by BluewaterBoof; 06-26-2018 at 04:07 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    If I have problems with it being noisy I may try that. Iím hoping with the gate valve I wonít need to do anything special. There is no filter sock right now so Iím going to add a union in the lower section so I can add one later.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    The plumbing is done, we still have a lot to do but this part is done.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Getting closer!

What pump are you using for your return?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    The set up came with an aquiam (I think thatís how you spell it) that still works. We will eventually change him over to a jaebo pump so we can control the flow more.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    We have water! I normally donít do water than rock but this was a little different. We are using rock from two established tanks. But they are both plagued with hair algae. So we will spend a day just treating and scrubbing rock. We wanted to go ahead and get the thing pumping and check for leak.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast