· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry about the losses, but congrats on the fry
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish. - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden123 View Post
    Sorry for the lack of updates guys. Been really busy these last few months.

I had a couple more deaths so down to 25 fish now, but been stable for a while.

On some good news.....

Please excuse the swirling poop.
    Wow, thats awesome

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on the babies! They are so cute! Lol at the poop.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

here a neon to keep you company XD - genocidex   Nice tank, fish, and shrimp! - Slaphppy7   Sorry for your loss - Slaphppy7   For the loss of your fish. - steeler58   For the loss of your fish. - steeler58   

2 Not allowed!
    Sorry for the lack of updates again guys, but not much has really happened.

The main goal of the tank was to create a nice looking, easy maintenance dwarf Mbuna habitat. I think I have been able to achieve that.

As you can see from the video, the Salousi are adults now and there are some juveniles that have survived.

I don't have any major plans for the tank now or any intention of purposely breeding the fish. If any fry survive being in the tank with adults, that's great as they will have strong genes.

The main regret I have though is that I still have to use remineralised ro water due to the fluctuating nitrate levels in my tap. I have my own ro unit, but I can only run it a few hours at the weekend and my storage capacity is limited to 50 litre. This has meant that my water change schedule hasn't been great and is usually 50 litre (25%) every two/three weeks. Nitrates don't go above 40ppm. Still not ideal but could be worse and the fish seem to be thriving anyway.

I do out have brick outhouse building in the garden and I have gotten permission from the other half to stick a big ro storage thank in there for bulk storage. I can set the ro unit to run much longer with a shut off mechanism when the storage is full. Will help me increase the water change frequency but also the other half has started to want a salt water tank in living room which has got me very interested indeed. Won't be for a year or so, but still in the planning stages of that project.
    • 50 Gallon Black Water Asian Project: 15 x Sparkling Gourami, 16 x Kuhli Loaches and 45 Chili Rasbora

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Fish look great, active and healthy...good to hear from you again
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish. - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Awesome, I can see at least one female is brooding, but looks like 2

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213