· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No platys in the gift shop, so have a cookie - Slaphppy7   Welcome to AC! - Silbar   Congrats on winning the DT! - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Really nice photos and congrats to you both!!! It's fun to see the beautiful interesting pics from members.

The SW fish in platylover's pic is my favorite SW fish. Although I have no idea what it is. I also love the eels? peaking out, how cute!!
    thank you! they’re one of my favourites as well, would love to have a SW with a handful of them. Would be so beautiful! They’re banggai cardinals, one of the prettier cardinals IMO.
    "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags it's tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."
    -Cheshire cat

"You know, aquariums are submarines for fish."
    -Kevin, Ghost Busters!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle. - Slaphppy7   Have a tetra, glad your here ;-) - steeler58   They didn't have an eel so here's a foxface haha - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Really nice photos and congrats to you both!!! It's fun to see the beautiful interesting pics from members.

The SW fish in platylover's pic is my favorite SW fish. Although I have no idea what it is. I also love the eels? peaking out, how cute!!
    They are actually Orange Spot Gobies. Some Gobies have the greatest relationship with Pistol shrimp. Pistol shrimp are nearly blind and the partner up with gobies to help with protection and food gathering. In return the Gobies get a free home that the pistol shrimp digs for them.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Season's Greetings! - Rue   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   DT runner up-you deserve a cookie! - Boundava   Thanks for the Birthday wishes. - Taurus   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - gadget228   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - gadget228   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gadget228   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - gadget228   Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus -  Animal Cruelty - gadget228   

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats to you both, nice pics...
    You're getting old when you get the same sensation from a rocking chair that you once got from a roller coaster.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Platylover View Post
    thank you! they’re one of my favourites as well, would love to have a SW with a handful of them. Would be so beautiful! They’re banggai cardinals, one of the prettier cardinals IMO.
    Very cool. A group would look amazing!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mch1984 View Post
    They are actually Orange Spot Gobies. Some Gobies have the greatest relationship with Pistol shrimp. Pistol shrimp are nearly blind and the partner up with gobies to help with protection and food gathering. In return the Gobies get a free home that the pistol shrimp digs for them.
    Thank you for all the info on them. That is a really cool relationship for sure. Must be stellar to watch them do their thing :)
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    It really is a neat symbiotic relationship...don't pistol shrimp pretty much have to have gobies alongside them, and vice versa?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    That is one of the things that fascinates me most with the marine side of the hobby. There are many different examples of these little symbiosis/mutualism pairings.

Medusa worm with emperor shrimp
    "Cleaner" gobies, shrimp, and wrasse that pick and clean other fish
    Clowns with anemones, along with other anemones that host various inverts
    Pom pom crabs with their little anemone pom poms that they hold in their claws for protection
    Pompeii worms secreting a mucous that feeds a specific type of fleecy bacteria that insulates the worms against thermal vents
    Pistol and gobies sharing dens
    Bioluminescent bacteria living in deep-sea animals
    And of course the zooxanthellae, the photosynthetic algae that live within corals, jellyfish, and anemones, which gives them their colors as well as providing energy to the animal. The infamous bleaching of corals is actually the zooxanthellae leaving their host animal/coral, which then leaves behind a completely white animal.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, that's pretty cool André. One day when I have more time, I want to look into marine. At the moment I'm overwhelmed with FW.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    At the moment I'm overwhelmed with FW.
    I that is why I downsized haha

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I downsized too! I still have 7 tanks going though. Although 4 of them are under 20 gallons. I'm kind of liking the freedom of less maintenance demands for the summer.
    -Kat