· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Will do, thank you. My old air pumps are a lot louder than I remember. I have an old aquaculture, and a new but apparently louder Whispher 4.0. I see a lot of ideas on youtube to make them quieter...I guess time to start experimenting.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep! - WhistlingBadger   Thank you for your friendship - Silbar   Happy Easter - Silbar   Happy Father's Day! - Silbar   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Set it on a towel or rubber mat, see if that helps.

The newer ones aren't expensive, and very quiet...I like and use these, when I run airstones

https://www.amazon.com/JW-Pet-Compan...usion+air+pump
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Set it on a towel or rubber mat, see if that helps.

The newer ones aren't expensive, and very quiet...I like and use these, when I run airstones

https://www.amazon.com/JW-Pet-Compan...usion+air+pump
    Thank you for the suggestions. I got it to be a little more quiet, and I am getting used to the nosie. It's been 4 days and my ammonia is still somwwhere in the 2.0 and 4.0 ppm on the API test kit. I'll check it in a few days.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep! - WhistlingBadger   Thank you for your friendship - Silbar   Happy Easter - Silbar   Happy Father's Day! - Silbar   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    What are your readings for nitrItes and nitrAtes?

What is the temp of the tank?

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    My temperature is 76 degrees. I just tested and nitrite is 0 and Nitrate is 0. My ammonia hasn't changed either. Maybe I need to add more dechlorine?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    The beneficial bacteria (BB) will grow at a faster rate with higher temps, raise the temp to 82F and add an airstone, if you don't have one already.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Well, I am discouraged. I can see why I always did fish in cycles.

My Ammonia is 2 ppm and nitrite is 0, Nitrate is 0. II did not write down my previous readings but I did previously have nitrite at .25ppm then I topped off my water to make sure it was above my "minimum water line" for my heater. I put in some Tetra aqua safe water dechlorinator before topping off the water, but maybe it still killed any progress I made.

My sponge filter is giving off bubbles, and my thermometer says the tank is about 80 degrees.

Frustrating.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    How much ammonia did you start with?....I know you started with way too much, then started over

Be sure to shake the 2nd trAte test solution like crazy before testing

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - Hockey nut   Congrats on the baby Dupe - Silbar   No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    If your ammonia was closer to 4.0 ppm, then you're showing some progress. 4.0 is a little high for a 10g and the stocking you might have, but not so high that you have to start over. Every tank is different and some take longer than others. There's no need to keep testing nitrite and nitrate until you see the ammonia start to drop more. When it gets <.25, then test nitrites and add more ammonia to get it back up to 2.0. Wait another few days, then test ammonia and nitrite. No need to test nitrates until you see ammonia and nitrites both dropping.

Try not to get frustrated - it will work. You can use this time to decorate the tank, add plants, etc., whatever you might have in mind. It will give you something nice to look at while you wait.
    Last edited by SueD; 07-02-2018 at 08:17 PM.