· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    6a5344038da68cc9e81b99ea0347be1e.jpg

1200px-Javamoos.jpg

java_moss_1_800x.jpg

Not that I know a lot about mosses, but I am pretty sure this is one of the only linear mosses. However it growing up like that it could be flame moss. its also linear and grows up like flames.

download (1).jpeg
    Last edited by Boundava; 05-14-2018 at 08:36 PM.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    It could be either of those you've posted. I'm at a loss when it comes to moss identification. Whatever it is, at least it's nice to look at so far.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Obviously it's a good fry retreat

Quote Originally Posted by SueD View Post
    it's nice to look at so far.
    Which pretty well makes it a win, all around.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    The three Diamond tetra fry I found about 6 weeks ago are growing nicely - about an inch now - and hanging with the big guys. And tonight I've found a new one, recently hatched, hanging in the moss. I've only got 2 of the adults left and fortunately they're a male/female pair. My LFS had ordered some more Diamonds for me with their last order along with some HY511 tetras but the diamonds didn't come in. They had tried a while ago, too, but they weren't available then either. So glad that my 2 adults have been breeding, even if it's only three or one that make it each time. The moss clump is dying, browning terribly for some reason and I was going to remove it tomorrow when I change water. But I'll leave for a while at least until I see if this fry makes it and maybe, like the last time, there's another one or two still hiding out in there.

The HY511's came in just a tad bit larger than fry (much smaller than the LFS was expecting) but they've been doing great for the past month. So now I have 5 adults HY511's and these 5 new ones which are cruising along with everyone else. I also still have 4 silver tip tetras but won't be adding any more. I'd like to have just the Diamonds and HY511's along with the cories, which also need to be increased I think (they hang in the back and I don't see them too often).

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on the fry and new Hy511s!!! I really like that combo of tetra schools. It's really cool your last two adults are male/female and are spawning. How old are the adults? I'm asking because I'd love to try breeding my old red phantoms, but not sure how long they breed for. Sorry about the moss clump, moss doesn't do well in my tanks either for some reason.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    I got the original group of 7 Diamonds 4 years ago and they were full sized adults when I got them so no way to tell how old they were. But I found 1 fry from them 3 months after they were in the tank and another single fry 2 months after that, so the originals were certainly mature. Since I only have 2 adults now, I'm guessing that these might be the 2 fry from the original adult group and that would put them at just under 4 years old. The rest of the original group died off just during the past year. In fact I had 4 adults up until about the last 2-3 months.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Ah darn. My red phantoms are more like 6/7 years old! I'd have to find out when I filmed their QT vid, but I took the vid with my cannon camera, so before my phone. That was a long time ago.

Well, it's really cool you are able to breed your last two diamonds when the LFS can't get any. Your diamonds bred in your tank are safe from disease and the healthiest fish stock you can get!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Congrats on both your new fish and also on raising these fry! I'll share in your hope that your newest fry does indeed have friends hiding in your moss and will also grow out for you.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    Feeding fish late tonight but just had to update. There is indeed a 2nd new fry. (I only see the new ones when food goes in the tank.) So, that makes 5 so far from this one adult pair, assuming these 2 new ones make it as the other 3 have. I'll get that school yet if they keep at it.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    What an exciting discovery! Guess you'll be keeping that moss for a while more. As fun as it is to watch for (any) fry, you must be elated to be building up the count of fish you have been wanting!
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow