· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   AC's defender from spammers! - Boundava   Thanks for the rep and support - Silbar   Happy Anniversary! - RiversGirl   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Keep in mind, they constantly filter feed, so you don't want to use Purigen or any other water "polishers", you need a decent amount of bits and pieces of stuff in the water column at all times
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

New fish ;-) - steeler58   you need a shrimp now that they have arrived - Jwfish13   Sorry for your loss - RiversGirl   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Keep in mind, they constantly filter feed, so you don't want to use Purigen or any other water "polishers", you need a decent amount of bits and pieces of stuff in the water column at all times
    Yeah I've never used Purigen or anything like that. I do, however, use Prazipro when introducing new inhabitants, and a little liquid fertilizers although I haven't used ferts in my tank in quite some time. I may end up needing to use ferts when I get my bucephalandra.

Thanks for those other sources, I will check them out.
    My First Aquarium Adventure - 40B Community Tank: Journal

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   AC's defender from spammers! - Boundava   Thanks for the rep and support - Silbar   Happy Anniversary! - RiversGirl   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    No problem.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

New fish ;-) - steeler58   you need a shrimp now that they have arrived - Jwfish13   Sorry for your loss - RiversGirl   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    From petzonesd.com the cost is $141 for just 4 bamboo shrimp with next day shipping. Wow!!!

That aquaticarts.com is much more reasonable FYI. $68 for 3 juvenile bamboo shrimp with next day air. I might just do that!! These shrimp look fascinating!!
    Last edited by Wolfgang; 05-11-2018 at 02:58 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    The folks at AA are great to work with, I say go for it!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Wow I didn't realize how big these shrimp get, they can get up to 3" in length!! I'm just so used to my little RCS lol. You think 3 would be okay in my 40B? I have great filtration. and I can't see their bioloads being very much at all...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    Here's a recent vid of 3 of mine filter feeding

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
    Wow I didn't realize how big these shrimp get, they can get up to 3" in length!! I'm just so used to my little RCS lol. You think 3 would be okay in my 40B? I have great filtration. and I can't see their bioloads being very much at all...
    Heck yeah 3 will be OK, I have 4 in mine.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Those guys look so cool!!! They are just holding onto those plants for dear life, enjoying the ride, while eating. I love it!!!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Yes, that's how they roll, lol....they'll find a nice area of flow in your tank, and stay there most of the time...WC day, they can flip out a little bit, but nothing serious, and they always find their way back to their favorite spot

You're gonna like them alot