· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Pink Spots on 10G Wall

0 Not allowed!
    First, I'm posting this here because I'm not sure which category it would go under.

Tank Info:
    Ember Tetras
    Yoshiki Rice Fish
    Mini Asian Catfish
    Nerite Snail
    Mystery Snails
    Assassin Snails
    Pond Snails (that keep coming back)
    Live Plants on Driftwood
    Ammonia 0
    Nitrites 0-.2
    Nitrates 0~.1
    Weekly 30-50% WC

So I noticed one spot a while ago but spots that have appeared like that in the past were normally eaten by one of the snails. However, now there are three more of those spots and my snails just move around them. Honestly, they're so small I can't get a good enough look myself. Any ideas?

P.S.
    I went back to take a picture and the two closest to my ammonia reader had moved. I THINK that might be baby snails but I'm honestly not sure.

Thanks! <3

20180507_042254.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Too hard to tell from the pic what those are.

How many assassin snails do you have?...how many pond snails?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    I get these little white snail things in tanks without fish, I think they are limpets.

Do they look like this?
    3448869e517bc103d2f2c4739c0a4a85.jpg
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I have 2 assassins. The pond snail population is way less than it used to be. Now there's maybe five and that's a big maybe. I just know that I see a couple here and there once in a while. And no, angel. They don't look like that. At least, I don't think so. They're super small right now so I can't really tell.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Are they mobile?

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congrats with the trivia contest! - Slaphppy7   Thanks for taking the time with my angel :) - angelcraze2   Congrats on winning the DT! - Silbar   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    If the spots do not move around, they may be nerite eggs. Nerites tend to lay single eggs randomly scattered around the tank on hard surfaces.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I noticed that two of them did move shortly before I took the picture above but now they're stationary and there's an additional one on the back wall of the tank.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    So I just got home from work and went to check on my fish. I have an auto-feeder for them now and it works really well so I just need to make sure the mysteries aren't, like, eating them or anything. And I was looking for my Asian stones (they are camouflage masters) when I noticed that the bottom of the tank and my driftwood were covered with more pink dots/balls. One of my other fish swam by some of the ones on the bottom and they rolled around in the wake. And it got me thinking. Two of my female Youkihi (which I mistakenly called Yoshiki) have had eggs attached to the backs of them on and off for a couple weeks now. And after I did research, I learned that only happens after the eggs have been fertilized. Is it possible these pink things are actually fish eggs?

The first picture is of one of the pieces of driftwood. The second one is of the most open section of the bottom of the tank.
    20180520_034340[1].jpg20180520_034349[1].jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    To be honest these look like fish eggs to me.

A nice build up of mulum for the fry if it is the case.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Is this the fish you have?

https://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/oryzias-latipes/

See the part under "Reproduction"...

What other fish are in the tank?...what temp is the tank?