· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Hope you guys could help me in every possible way...as im just new to this hobby....i get confused over some new changes happen in my tank...i would be very greatfull of you guys..as i dont want loose any of my fish....

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe   

2 Not allowed!
    No problems. You should add the other female back into the main tank. The yawn is best because eggs will stick and they won't eat them. Also if you have a ton of plastic or better yet real plants in the main tank they will throw their eggs there

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerbarblover View Post
    Ive not cycled it but i have used my main tank water which is cycled...and all parameters are normal
    What kind of test kit do you use? How did you cycle the original tank?

Just adding water from a cycled tank into a new one does not cycle the new tank.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    What kind of test kit do you use? How did you cycle the original tank?

Just adding water from a cycled tank into a new one does not cycle the new tank.
    Cycling the breeding tank isn't necessary if your using it temporarily and if you use prime you'll get at least two days before ammonia is toxic and then you would do a slight water change with main tank water on day 2 and ad more prime. However you likely only need to add the ready female full of eggs and a male for 24 hours they should spawn. Then add them back to the main tank.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Why add main tank water for the WC?....tap water should be fine, with Prime

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Why add main tank water for the WC?....tap water should be fine, with Prime
    Because it would help with the spawn they are are exactly the same parameters

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I see, thanks

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Also you likely would'nt even have them in the breeding tank long enough to need a WC but this was just apathetical lol

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I dont use tap water...rain water from my bore well....which is not treated with any chlorine....

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I added the male and female in spawning tank...but both were really getting crazy and start swimming from end to end in the tank as soon as i added them...so ive put them back in my main