· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's  to getting well! - Rue   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   A cup of coffee to get your day started. - gadget228   For 10K posts, finally - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Boundava   
    HIV/AIDS - William   Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - William   

Default New layout for species profiles

3 Not allowed!
    Take a look at the new profile for freshwater species and let me know what you think.

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/gobyfish/dragon.php

I welcome suggestion. Ignore the text. It is the old page from the page. Focus on whether you would like to see something else on the page or not
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I like it, nice large photo and good description. Just a suggestion to list water parameters as opposed to putting them in a paragraph, will make it easier to find.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish. - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Like it, but can you do degrees Celsius as well?
    Maybe expand tips to
    Water conditions - suited to brackish
    (Occupies- cant think of appropriate term) - top\bottom\middle of water column, sucks on glass, cave dweller etc

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Riyadh View Post
    Water conditions - suited to brackish /blackwater
    (Occupies- cant think of appropriate term) - top\bottom\middle of water column, sucks on glass, cave dweller etc
    Great suggestion!

Also if you could add some basic compatibility...part of the reason I like www.seriouslyfish.com so much is that they have a small blip for some of their profiles. Though you can also just refer them to the forum and those with experience can help fill in.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's  to getting well! - Rue   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   A cup of coffee to get your day started. - gadget228   For 10K posts, finally - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Boundava   
    HIV/AIDS - William   Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - William   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    Also if you could add some basic compatibility...part of the reason I like www.seriouslyfish.com so much is that they have a small blip for some of their profiles. Though you can also just refer them to the forum and those with experience can help fill in.
    Can you expand on this. It allready features whether it is community friendly and plant friendly next to the image. What other info would you like to see.
    Can you show me a page with the "blip" on SF?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species...usia-pittieri/

Behaviour and CompatibilityTOP ↑
    A good choice for the Ďgeneralí community setup. Itís quite colourful, peaceful and males grow to an impressive size for a tetra. Itís a good tankmate for most livebearers, danionins, rasboras, other tetras and peaceful bottom dwellers such as Corydoras or smaller Loricariids. It can also be kept with the majority of commonly available gouramis and dwarf cichlids. Due to its rounded shape and adult size it can also be used as a dither for non-aggressive, medium-sized cichlids such as discus or Geophagus species.
    http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/trichopsis-pumila/
    Best maintained in a pair or small group, either alone or with very peaceful, similarly-sized species, since much bigger or more vigorous tankmates are likely to both intimidate and outcompete it. Small, schooling cyprinids such as Microdevario, Boraras, or Trigonostigma spp. make good choices, as do diminutive loaches such as Pangio or Petruichthys.
    http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species...nchos-bicolor/
    Though normally sold as such this species is largely unsuitable for the general community aquarium. This does not mean to say it must be kept alone, rather that tankmates must be chosen with care. While small specimens tend to hide away much of the time they become increasingly territorial as they grow and can display particularly high levels of aggression towards similar-looking species.

Some individuals are more belligerent than others and there exist reports of apparent alliances with other species such as Chromobotia macracanthus. Weíre unsure if these behavioural differences are indicative of gender but at any rate loaches from the genera Chromobotia, Botia, Syncrossus and Yasuhikotakia do seem to be left in peace by Epalzeorhynchos species whereas congenerics and members of Crossocheilus, Garra and Gyrinocheilus, for example, tend to be attacked constantly. Please note that in terms of the loaches not all may be housed together and proper research is essential.

Other bottom-dwelling fishes including cichlids and most catfish are best avoided as they may too be picked on. For the upper levels choose robust, active, schooling cyprinids. Ideally the Epalzeorhynchos should be the final addition to the tank in order to avoid it claiming ownership of the entire space.
    Last edited by Boundava; 04-26-2018 at 08:27 PM.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Take a look now and come with your suggestions

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Love the left profile list, and that you include the biotope as well, its hard to find that elsewhere. You are still editing, correct? I see prune vs prone under Diseases:
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Take a look now

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Looks good, like the new photo too.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore