· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You will win this battle against the nematodes. - RiversGirl   teacher/friend - marc4   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   

0 Not allowed!
    So she healed so well she is ready to lay eggs again. I decided to give the pair together a go again. FAIL!!!!

I really thought she was interested in him behind the divider, but once removed, she was terrified of him. Well after she picked at him for a while and acted tough at first. Is it possible she remembers him beating her? She seemed to overreact, do you think? She still hides when I mess with the canopy, like she remembers the Meth Blue swabs. And they still say fish don't have memory....

Well, I put the divider back, she still looked like she wanted over there Perhaps I'll try again in a day or two. Ultimately I will probably swap them with a pair in my 90g, so a new pair can have a suite and they would be added to a school of 4 or 6 (haven't decided how many I'll keep) other angels.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on winning the DT! - Silbar   Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   

2 Not allowed!
    Have you tried them together again yet? I'm curious how a second reintroduction would go.

His behavior in the video is a subdued version of what happened when I tried to keep angels a few years back, I ended up separating and rehoming and decided they were to jerky for me lol. Your angels and stories of them though has maybe swayed that opinion back a bit, even with he's attitude. :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   Celebrating your amazing restoration work! - showmebutterfly   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sfsamm View Post
    Have you tried them together again yet? I'm curious how a second reintroduction would go.

His behavior in the video is a subdued version of what happened when I tried to keep angels a few years back, I ended up separating and rehoming and decided they were to jerky for me lol. Your angels and stories of them though has maybe swayed that opinion back a bit, even with he's attitude. :)
    I agree! I have never seriously considered angels, but after seeing Kat's pictures, and reading all of the stories she posts it makes me want them haha.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You will win this battle against the nematodes. - RiversGirl   teacher/friend - marc4   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   

0 Not allowed!
    Hahaha you two. They have a hold on me, lol, the first fish I was interested in keeping and I fell in love with the different available strains. They can be tricky sometimes I guess, but it doesn't bother me. I guess I'm just used to it and know how to deal with them by now for the most part. I don't really know why I am so drawn to angels and stuck with them all these years. I honestly couldn't imagine not keeping angels and love to share.

I didn't do anything yet, I think she may have laid the eggs cuz she looks skinnier and tube is retracted a bit. I'll just move them both to the 90g. I'm holding off setting up the new breeders because of lighting. Trying to sort it out
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I have to add this used to be my best favorite pair of angels with the old stock prior to the worm infestation. They were always so perfect together and looked good together too. I have kept them together for at least two years, never a problem, except once or twice at breeding time with babies, but that is normal. No major continued disputes that cause injury like this. It just goes to show that their personalities can change with age. I think they are about 4 years old now.
    -Kat