· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Tx. So keyhole is a consideration with what I already have? You recommend one specimen?
    I'm just not overly crazy about them especially a single fish because I like the interaction between same species of fish (at least a pair or two fish).
    The Rotkeil severum is smaller at 6", but if the body shape is similar, I realize they might fight with my angels then. I'm not familiar with their shape, they look thicker than angels.

I don't think I can remove angelfish from the showtank. I've always kept them, which is what encouraged me to get the 120g in the first place, I'd like something different, but honestly, I prefer GBR over other cichlids as well. Would the GBR be a no if I look at keyhole or a larger cichlid than I'm used to? Actually keyhole is rather small as well, but larger than GBR.

My GBRs are finally growing now though, so maybe it was the nematode messing with their growth?
    I know they're not cheap, but have you considered Discus with your Angels? They require the same water conditions and dietary requirements. They don't bother other species and usually swim around rather peacefully...not to forget about their beauty. To save some cash, you may want to get them when they're about the size of a 50 cent piece, but they grow as fast as Angels. Just a thought.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Hmmmmm. Maybe.......I have always loved them.

But...I have always had angelfish since I started with fish, and almost feel I have to stay loyal to them lol. They live a long time. Hence my avatar name. I started growing and selling angelfish when I got my first pair, then got hooked on genetics. I started up a little breeding room which unfortunately never fully took off and eventually squashed the whole operation when an internal parasite was found in one of my tanks. Better safe than sorry. Anyways, I plan to slowly reconstruct my breeding fishroom because I do really enjoy growing babies out and miss it a lot.

If I ever got discus, I see myself getting really far into it as well, I'd have to start breeding them lol, I really don't think I could do angelfish and discus together, but not 100% sure.

I will consider them for my 120g though, alone with no angelfish. I'll still have my breeder pairs and baby angelfish, one of the only fish I'd give up my angels in the 120g for lol!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    This thread has suggested so many cichlids lol.

I'm jumping all over the place, I apologize! Hope you can keep up with all these thoughts, I'm considering different scenarios.

Random questions pls.
    Can I add keyholes with blue rams? I currently have 3 female GBRs, planning to add a male. That's IF I keep the rams in the 120g. Are keyholes ok with angelfish?

Are smaller severums (Rotkeil) ok with blue rams?
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I just had to share this vid. Wow. Look at those plants! So jealous of the reneikii

-Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

1 Not allowed!
    dont get the keyhole if you are not crazy about them

with cichlids you need to decide ahead of time who you want to rehome and keep
    Last edited by Rocksor; 04-24-2018 at 12:26 AM.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Hmmmmm. Maybe.......I have always loved them.

But...I have always had angelfish since I started with fish, and almost feel I have to stay loyal to them lol. They live a long time. Hence my avatar name. I started growing and selling angelfish when I got my first pair, then got hooked on genetics. I started up a little breeding room which unfortunately never fully took off and eventually squashed the whole operation when an internal parasite was found in one of my tanks. Better safe than sorry. Anyways, I plan to slowly reconstruct my breeding fishroom because I do really enjoy growing babies out and miss it a lot.

If I ever got discus, I see myself getting really far into it as well, I'd have to start breeding them lol, I really don't think I could do angelfish and discus together, but not 100% sure.

I will consider them for my 120g though, alone with no angelfish. I'll still have my breeder pairs and baby angelfish, one of the only fish I'd give up my angels in the 120g for lol!
    I totally understand. I never had Angels and Discus at the same time, but always wound up with breeding pairs. I loved it when things went well, but stressed out when they changed their minds a couple times and ate the eggs. I even went through an electrical outage on my side of the street and had to run extension cords accross the street to keep from losing $500 worth of Discus. They're definitely not a cheap species and they can cause one to become preoccupied with them...especially with wanting to breed them! Lol

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    @Rocksor Yeah, with your help I'm leaning toward 5-6 angels and 5-6 rams again. And a herd of tetras of a med/ large size. Thoughts?
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 04-24-2018 at 01:00 AM.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by drjallen3 View Post
    I totally understand. I never had Angels and Discus at the same time, but always wound up with breeding pairs. I loved it when things went well, but stressed out when they changed their minds a couple times and ate the eggs. I even went through an electrical outage on my side of the street and had to run extension cords accross the street to keep from losing $500 worth of Discus. They're definitely not a cheap species and they can cause one to become preoccupied with them...especially with wanting to breed them! Lol
    Ok cool! I didn't realize you had personal experience with them. Thanks for that :)
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksor View Post
    dont get the keyhole if you are not crazy about them

with cichlids you need to decide ahead of time who you want to rehome and keep
    I was actually considering adding a pair to my current cichlids, but you are right, if I'm not crazy about them, l should not get them.
    -Kat

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by drjallen3 View Post
    I always loved breeding fish too. But I'm old now and also on a fixed income. It's enough for me to do daily 1/4 water changes on my Angels tank. But it's nice to have perfect water perameters and healthy fish. I manage the water changes in about 20 minutes, but sometimes get hours of joy watching them swim...and sometimes fight! Lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast