· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

sending good luck to you and your fish - Silbar   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Sorry you lost your angel.  You did all the right things.  Give yourself some credit and carry on! - angelcraze2   Congratulations and welcome home to your baby! - RiversGirl   so sorry to hear about your discus. I hope you can figure it out. - bpete   

Default Angel is sick 😢

0 Not allowed!
    Hey AC! Long time no see! ;)
    Can someone help me please. I came across a new issue I've never dealt with before. My Angel appears to be "peeling" skin from around his eye!? Yes, it is around the perimeter of his eye, not on or in it. I initially noticed this yesterday, as one of his eyes was doing this, only slightly. I know I needed to get a WC done but didn't have the time until today. Well, now both his eyes look like this and it's worse. I've attached pictures so I'm hoping they attached.

He was also keeping to himself yesterday and today and is also getting picked on. At times he does hold his own and fight back but not usually. He also ate flakes yesterday but would not even touch the bloodworms today. 😢 Now it appears as though the stringy stuff coming from his eye has a pink-ish tint to it, as well as his ventral fins (or maybe it's just the tank lights!?)

For those of you that know me, I have not changed anything in the tank since I was here last (December or January '17). At times, I do go almost 2 weeks before a WC. I know, that's horrible but there has been many changes in my life and I do the best I can.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. You guys are awesome! 😊 TIA

front view Angel eye.jpg

Angel eye 2 side view.jpg
    65g neons, black neons, serpae tetras, harlequins, zebra danios, cory cats, yo yo loaches, nerite snails, vampire shrimp

125g cory cats, nerite snails, flower shrimp, white clouds, yo yo loaches, angelfish, discus, pleco

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

sending good luck to you and your fish - Silbar   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Sorry you lost your angel.  You did all the right things.  Give yourself some credit and carry on! - angelcraze2   Congratulations and welcome home to your baby! - RiversGirl   so sorry to hear about your discus. I hope you can figure it out. - bpete   

0 Not allowed!
    My bad! The only thing that has changed in the last few months was that I added 3 yo yo loaches to help eradicate my MTS. The loaches are huge now and do chase the Angels at times. Bullies!
    65g neons, black neons, serpae tetras, harlequins, zebra danios, cory cats, yo yo loaches, nerite snails, vampire shrimp

125g cory cats, nerite snails, flower shrimp, white clouds, yo yo loaches, angelfish, discus, pleco

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

4 Not allowed!
    I would PM Angelcraze when you get a chance, she's our resident "angelfish expert", IMO

If the loaches are harassing the angel(s), it could be a wound, is my only guess...
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    it could be a wound, is my only guess...
    Yes, let's only hope! I will contact Angelcraze. Thanks! ;)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

4 Not allowed!
    Hope you poor guy gets better soon, and its just bullying. Frequent large water changes are the best cure for wounds, if that is what it turns out to be.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

To new fish! - Slaphppy7   Second round ;) - Slaphppy7   It's a hot toddy. - Taurus   Here's to the "blue ribbon" tetra! - Slaphppy7   Hope you had a happy birthday! We are both March babies :) - discusluv   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Good to see you back here my friend, sorry you Angel is going through this :(
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

5 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler58 View Post
    Good to see you back here my friend, sorry you Angel is going through this :(
    Thank you so much!! Honestly, it's so good to be back but I might be popping on and off for a while. So many exciting new things happening! :) In the past few months I've become an Independent Consultant with Pampered Chef (like I don't have enough to do already ;) and my hubby and I are also expecting our first little one the end of July. It's been very busy around here to say the least but very exciting.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    I didn't want to post this right here but for some reason I am having quite the difficulty navigating this site. Did something change? I'm having a hard time posting a new thread, and whenever I click my notifications at the top, I always get this message......

AC error.JPG

My next issue.....my poor Angelfish! :( I hate to feel so ignorant here because I should know better (!?) I am just at a loss right now and my heart is breaking. So, I know I need to get my yo yo's out of the tank because they are literally biting at my Angel and the Angel is not fighting back. The yo yo's are too hard to catch so I thought maybe I should remove the Angel and put him in my 10 gallon. I could just use water from the 125 gallon and do daily WC's. If I remove the Angel and quarantine him until he heals, will the other fish attack him once I put him back with the others? Ohh, my mind is racing.....not sure the best approach but I need to do something. :(

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

To new fish! - Slaphppy7   Second round ;) - Slaphppy7   It's a hot toddy. - Taurus   Here's to the "blue ribbon" tetra! - Slaphppy7   Hope you had a happy birthday! We are both March babies :) - discusluv   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishlove View Post
    Thank you so much!! Honestly, it's so good to be back but I might be popping on and off for a while. So many exciting new things happening! :) In the past few months I've become an Independent Consultant with Pampered Chef (like I don't have enough to do already ;) and my hubby and I are also expecting our first little one the end of July. It's been very busy around here to say the least but very exciting.
    Congratulations on the little one
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishlove View Post
    I didn't want to post this right here but for some reason I am having quite the difficulty navigating this site. Did something change? I'm having a hard time posting a new thread, and whenever I click my notifications at the top, I always get this message......

AC error.JPG

My next issue.....my poor Angelfish! :( I hate to feel so ignorant here because I should know better (!?) I am just at a loss right now and my heart is breaking. So, I know I need to get my yo yo's out of the tank because they are literally biting at my Angel and the Angel is not fighting back. The yo yo's are too hard to catch so I thought maybe I should remove the Angel and put him in my 10 gallon. I could just use water from the 125 gallon and do daily WC's. If I remove the Angel and quarantine him until he heals, will the other fish attack him once I put him back with the others? Ohh, my mind is racing.....not sure the best approach but I need to do something. :(
    Yes, I would get the angel out of that tank ASAP...10G would be just temporary, but better than getting beat up by the loaches
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers