· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Congrats on the upcoming baby, too!
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

sending good luck to you and your fish - Silbar   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Sorry you lost your angel.  You did all the right things.  Give yourself some credit and carry on! - angelcraze2   Congratulations and welcome home to your baby! - RiversGirl   so sorry to hear about your discus. I hope you can figure it out. - bpete   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler58 View Post
    Congratulations on the little one
    Thank you so much! It's been a very long, difficult road to get where we are.
    65g neons, black neons, serpae tetras, harlequins, zebra danios, cory cats, yo yo loaches, nerite snails, vampire shrimp

125g cory cats, nerite snails, flower shrimp, white clouds, yo yo loaches, angelfish, discus, pleco

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

sending good luck to you and your fish - Silbar   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Sorry you lost your angel.  You did all the right things.  Give yourself some credit and carry on! - angelcraze2   Congratulations and welcome home to your baby! - RiversGirl   so sorry to hear about your discus. I hope you can figure it out. - bpete   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Congrats on the upcoming baby, too!
    Thank you so much!!
    65g neons, black neons, serpae tetras, harlequins, zebra danios, cory cats, yo yo loaches, nerite snails, vampire shrimp

125g cory cats, nerite snails, flower shrimp, white clouds, yo yo loaches, angelfish, discus, pleco

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishlove View Post
    Thank you so much! It's been a very long, difficult road to get where we are.
    Congratulations and I do hope things continue to go well.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Matt, right? (Slap)

Did you know anything about that error that I posted? It only comes up when I'm on the computer. No issues when using my phone. Very annoying though as I cannot view my notifications or even the new posts at times. :( Thanks

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    Congratulations and I do hope things continue to go well.
    I appreciate that Taurus! ;) Thank you!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Matt, right? (Slap)

Did you know anything about that error that I posted? It only comes up when I'm on the computer. No issues when using my phone. Very annoying though as I cannot view my notifications or even the new posts at times. :( Thanks
    Try clearing your cookies, then restart the AC (?)...yes, it's Matt
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Hey AC! Long time no see! ;)
    Can someone help me please. I came across a new issue I've never dealt with before. My Angel appears to be "peeling" skin from around his eye!? Yes, it is around the perimeter of his eye, not on or in it. I initially noticed this yesterday, as one of his eyes was doing this, only slightly. I know I needed to get a WC done but didn't have the time until today. Well, now both his eyes look like this and it's worse. I've attached pictures so I'm hoping they attached.

He was also keeping to himself yesterday and today and is also getting picked on. At times he does hold his own and fight back but not usually. He also ate flakes yesterday but would not even touch the bloodworms today.  Now it appears as though the stringy stuff coming from his eye has a pink-ish tint to it, as well as his ventral fins (or maybe it's just the tank lights!?)

For those of you that know me, I have not changed anything in the tank since I was here last (December or January '17). At times, I do go almost 2 weeks before a WC. I know, that's horrible but there has been many changes in my life and I do the best I can.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. You guys are awesome!  TIA

Attachment 55304

Attachment 55305

The yo yo's are too hard to catch so I thought maybe I should remove the Angel and put him in my 10 gallon. I could just use water from the 125 gallon and do daily WC's. If I remove the Angel and quarantine him until he heals
    Hi fishlove! (Amy?) Congrats on the little one :)

Your angel:
    I love angelfish, but I am not a pro with medicating, just have lots of experience lol. I do suspect injury. And I do think that angel should get out of the tank and into QT. I actually had a similar issue two 1.5 years ago with an EB ram. These are the instructions I received

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksor
    You can get cheap storage tote from home depot. $9 for a 27 gallon tote. $7 for 12 gallon

http://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-12-Ga...6100/207207157

You can try treating with pure epsom salt (magnesium sulfate only) to reduce the liquid build up. About 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons for 7 days. You can add Methylene blue or Paraguard to the QT.

What I like about storage bins is that you can use it for something else afterwards, and don't have to worry about silicon seal degradation. The downside is that you cannot look at the fish.

Add about 1 tablespoon of Epsom salt on day 1, add the second on day 2, and then the final dosage on day three. Make sure that the salt if dissolved prior to putting it into the tank.

After day 3, redose for what ever dosage removed, hence a 5 gallon change will require you to add 1 dissolved tablespoon back in.

I've put in a 6-7" (1.5" thick) peacock bass into an uncycled cooler, which is way bigger than your ram, and in 15 gallons of water. In the presence of meth blue, the gills will take that in more so than the ammonia. Meth blue will facilitate more oxygen to the fish and help in the healing process. I made sure to change at least one third of the water volume everyday. No issues after 1 week being in that cooler.

When using methylene blue, you need to make sure any water conditioner used has been circulated for at least 30 minutes, I typically wait an hour before adding it back in.
    The only thing I'm not sure about is the Epsom Salts, because I think the fluid is already gone. Either way, fluid builds up to protect and heal, highly susceptible to infection. If the other eye is showing symptoms and you see pink or redness, it also suggests infection. Meth blue and kanamycin are a good idea IME and IMO.

I've quoted Rocksor, so hopefully he can confirm if it's a good idea for you.

If there's anything else, don't hesitate to mention it here. I'm following and wish your angel well.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Hi fishlove! (Amy?) Congrats on the little one :) It's Mylea 😊 no worries. And thank you so much!

Your angel:
    I love angelfish, but I am not a pro with medicating, just have lots of experience lol. I do suspect injury. And I do think that angel should get out of the tank and into QT. I actually had a similar issue two 1.5 years ago with an EB ram. I did end up putting him in QT late last night. Tried feeding today and he's not having it. :( I have a better picture of his eye now that he's in QT, if that would help make the diagnosis easier. Since this stuff is peeling from his eyes, it almost appears that one of his eyes is cloudy underneath. Does this mean I need to medicate?

The only thing I'm not sure about is the Epsom Salts, because I think the fluid is already gone. Either way, fluid builds up to protect and heal, highly susceptible to infection. If the other eye is showing symptoms and you see pink or redness, it also suggests infection. Meth blue and kanamycin are a good idea IME and IMO. Both eyes are affected, unfortunately. The pink that I saw last night is not there anymore. Must have been the tank lights.

I've quoted Rocksor, so hopefully he can confirm if it's a good idea for you. Thank you so very much. Kat? 😊

If there's anything else, don't hesitate to mention it here. I'm following and wish your angel well.
    My responses are in red ;)angel is QT.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    If it is indeed just an injury, what is the expected time needed in QT and what other measures do I need to be taking in order to get this guy healthy (and eating again) and back in the main tank? I can't thank you enough!