· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Haven't updated this one in a while.

So the status of the tank is five loaches-4 golden Dojos; two massive females about 6" long and good 1-1.5" wide, two smaller at about 3" long and maybe 1/2" wide, one natural color weather loach male, about 5" long and 3/4" wide.

Three (see update later) ranchu goldfish; one massive female the size of a man's clenched fist, two smaller the size of a child's fist.

So I have had a couple issues with the tank. First is the fact that the loaches having poor sight but awesome smell, go after the goldfish first at feeding harassing them by trying to grab food out of their gills, spiraling the goldfish around until I have to physically separate them. Second issue was the fact that even with three filters, I don't have allot of plants in the tank as the dojos and goldfish destroy them, so I have a battle with nitrates. not an issue with the loaches, but two of the three goldfish have had an issue with it. Unfortunately the one ultimately wound up with a swim bladder problem, that turned out to not be curable-which can happen with high nitrates. That was my poor Choux, who passed yesterday. RIP my little guy.

IMG_20190903_101240_01.jpg

I have been planning to upgrade the goldfish to a 150 gallon Rubbermaid Stock tub as soon as I got the fish out of the tubs in my LR and into their tanks in the basement. I will have an Eheim 2217 and an external sump filter hooked up to the tub, as well as a multitude of pond plants for nitrate control.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry for the loss
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks Matt, I was gong to euthanize him this weekend if he didn't get better. Little guy chose his own time.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry for your loss
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Thank you, I had to not sing n=in to see the "new post" an see someone responded. I don't get any notifications otherwise. Also if I sign it it says there are no new posts at all, and maybe 1 or two if I clear the cache-but not alwasys. If I just go to the site there are anywhere from 5-12 ew posts-but once i sign it I can't see them again-even if I sign out and go back. this server has gotten too touchy, I wonder if this is it or William is still tweaking it. Haven't heard anything from him since the beginning of the year.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Sorry to hear about Choux, and the nitrates issues. Have you been trying emersed plants? I use Dracaena plants, lucky bamboo being the most awesome. I got 18" long straight stems for 1.99 at Ikea just to let you know. I like your stock tub idea for the goldfish though, doesn't sound like it's working out between them and the loaches.

I get your complaints about the site. I have a lot of trouble with it too, very inconvenient. I'm sure William is busy, but it's been almost a year and I don't know if/when he'll have time to tweak. If I knew how or could fix it, I would! Miss the AC so much!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    I currently have some wandering jew and tarow plant in the tank, seems to be working well as nitrates have been under 20. I will be adding some pond plants and yarrow to the tub and have to figure out how to keep the cats-especially Zelda, away from them as she likes to nibble them-not eat just chew the nut. The loaches are butt heads, much as I love them.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142