· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Forever QT tank

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    ...MR. Clean original in many instances.
    Are you referring to the Magic Eraser? Have you tried using those razor blade scrapers with the long handles?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Merry Christmas - SueD   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Good luck with your goldfish tank - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, I am and yes I do...somewhere in the basement in my multiple boxes lables (so specidficaly) Fish Stuff.

I also have a credit card that works wonders as an algae scrapper thanks to a suggestion from Tom.
    Two 5.5g- Shrimp tanks; 1st with Bloody Mary and Rose shrimp and 2nd with Blue Dream shrimp
    Two-55 gallon tubs, 1st w/ 1BN pleco male, 3 clown pleco, gouramis, kuhli and female betta; 2nd w/female BN pleco, albino, panda and pgymy corys, and male betta.
    One tub with 90% plants and one Diva-pea puffer.

75g-now the TUB tanks:
    5.5 G Shrimp Tanks
    75g-Goldfish Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Yeah, I've heard lots of folks say they like to use credit cards. I've been sticking strictly with the razor scraper that has the long handle because it keeps my hands dry haha

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   You will win this battle against the nematodes. - RiversGirl   teacher/friend - marc4   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Off topic, but it's my party and I can do what I want. @BluewaterBoof, I remember you mentioned you avoid putting for hands in your reef tanks. There's SW creatures that are poisonous to the keeper, or sting right?
    I would want to avoid contaminating my reef tank with products on my skin.
    I can't even wear nail polish anymore unless I'm going away from the tanks. I love my fish that much hahaha! But I also like to get in there and plant, trim this, move that, my hands are always in the tank if I stare at it long enough. Plus I like to sometimes hand-feed my fish.

But this QT tank is a different story. I'd get gloves for this tank, but feel ok disinfecting with H202 and drying completely, and I just don't like gloves.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   You will win this battle against the nematodes. - RiversGirl   teacher/friend - marc4   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    I now have 1 kerri tetra left from the 18 I got in October. The last one was swimming nose up and not able to eat. It also never grew like the rest and died emaciated. I have just had to let the weak die off. I medicated for many things these fish brought in, but almost all of them have perished despite that. On the positive side, I still have all my gold tetras and my pleco, so all the fish I had prior to this shipment were relatively unaffected. My pleco was clamping his tail fin for a while, and he's still pretty skittish, but he looks healthy and is not clamping as much.

I just cannot believe how poor of stock these kerri tetras were. It still blows my mind 8 months later. I've never ever seen or heard of anything like this!
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Can''t give rep points, but great job on the diagnosis/treatment - Boundava   Sending you a geophagus to  tank you for your analytical powers! - discusluv   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   

1 Not allowed!
    Glad other fish in tank are thriving

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    How awful.....

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    I love the gold tetras. They look so natural.

Pls excuse drops of water on glass.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Merry Christmas - SueD   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Good luck with your goldfish tank - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    What little beauties, I can't wait to get a school of them. They are on my list, lol.
    Two 5.5g- Shrimp tanks; 1st with Bloody Mary and Rose shrimp and 2nd with Blue Dream shrimp
    Two-55 gallon tubs, 1st w/ 1BN pleco male, 3 clown pleco, gouramis, kuhli and female betta; 2nd w/female BN pleco, albino, panda and pgymy corys, and male betta.
    One tub with 90% plants and one Diva-pea puffer.

75g-now the TUB tanks:
    5.5 G Shrimp Tanks
    75g-Goldfish Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Perfect, there you are :) Mine are pretty timid, they hide when I first go to the tank, I have to stealthily sneak up on them to feed them. But there way they act adds to their look. So natural/wild looking. You will enjoy them :)
    -Kat