· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forever QT tank

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   So very sorry for your loss :( - steeler58   Happy Easter - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    You will get it all straightened out. I'm sure it is so frustrating and I'm sorry you are dealing with it, but you will get through this and come out all the better.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   So sorry, RIP Big Blue - Slaphppy7   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   You will win this battle against the nematodes. - RiversGirl   

2 Not allowed!
    Got a good water change in but forgot to dose with Levamisole So I'll be dosing tonight instead.

This is after the WC. My BN thinks there should be food in his feeding area, so I got some good shots of him. Also his poo is obviously ok as well, when he swishes along the substrate, the pieces I missed in the DW cracks go flying, and pls remember this is a dirted tank. I'm feeling defensive because I just finished a good siphoning!

But anyways, can anyone see anything I can't? What do you think?
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   So very sorry for your loss :( - steeler58   Happy Easter - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    It is evident that you take excellent care of your tanks.

Your BNP is such the handsome fella. Love his markings! He is fun to watch.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   So sorry, RIP Big Blue - Slaphppy7   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   You will win this battle against the nematodes. - RiversGirl   

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks for checking it out Rivers :) I love him too! I think you need a bushynose pleco one day lol!

He is still clamping his fins, wish I could figure out what the problem is.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    You're right about that, I probably do need one, someday. Perhaps a female that might not hide so much.
    I too hope you determine why he is still clamping. Best wishes to you.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    You're right about that, I probably do need one, someday. Perhaps a female that might not hide so much.
    I too hope you determine why he is still clamping. Best wishes to you.
    Yeah, the male's bristlenose is quite impressive, and my young albino male is out all the time looking for nums. My granddaddy BN pleco hides a lot, so possibly with age they hide more, but I attribute that to the fact that he's probably guarding eggs and babies ~75% of the time.

This guy only started to get a bit sketchy since all this parasite trouble in the QT tank. Also, he is getting older now....

Females are so beautiful too, I have a huge brown female in my 90g. I have two females, but grandma is just massive for a BN pleco. I think she might be bigger than granddaddy now! I love their sweet faces :)
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Merry Christmas - SueD   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    I love their sweet faces :)

Me too, such sweeties!
    Two 5.5g- Shrimp tanks; 1st with 4 chilis, green endlers & Bloody Mary shrimp and 2nd with blue star endlers and Blue Dream shrimp
    Four-27 gallon tubs, 1st w/ BN plecos; 2nd w/ gouramis, rainbow fish, kuhli, dojos and female endlers; 3rd w/ albino corys, pepper cory, panda corys; 4th is 90% plants and one Diva-pea puffer.

75g-now the TUB tanks:
    5.5 G Shrimp Tanks
    &%-Goldfish Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Ok, competed another Levamisole treatment. Pleco is still clamping, everyone else looks the same.

One thing I'd like to mention, it's these kerri tetras are very personable. Maybe personable is the wrong word, but they are not shy and repeatedly bite at freckles on my arm lol. They are always at the top begging like angelfish, whereas the gold tetras bolt into the java fern when I approach the tank. They'll come out for food eventually when movement stops, but I've never seen a tetra hide like these. I really like the QT tank setup, I find it looks so natural, and the gold tetras really compliment that look well. I just can't believe the contrast between these two species of tetra.

My LFS for some regular kerri tetras in (I asked for them back in October) and I really want to get some "safe" ones because of their friendly behaviour, I just don't feel ready yet to deal with new fish. Hopefully that feeling will change soon!
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Merry Christmas - SueD   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   

1 Not allowed!
    I hope so too. I also hope your pleco feels better soon.
    Two 5.5g- Shrimp tanks; 1st with 4 chilis, green endlers & Bloody Mary shrimp and 2nd with blue star endlers and Blue Dream shrimp
    Four-27 gallon tubs, 1st w/ BN plecos; 2nd w/ gouramis, rainbow fish, kuhli, dojos and female endlers; 3rd w/ albino corys, pepper cory, panda corys; 4th is 90% plants and one Diva-pea puffer.

75g-now the TUB tanks:
    5.5 G Shrimp Tanks
    &%-Goldfish Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks very much Nat. I hope he feels better soon too!
    -Kat