· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

well done - mac   for you sick fish - mac   I'm sorry waylon!  Didn't mean at all to discredit you!  Sorry to hear of your crazy mean angelfish!  You taught me a lesson. - angelcraze2   For being a friendly memeber - mac   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the tips everyone! I have a friend who used to work at an aquarium in Branson Missouri and he is really knowledgeable with plecos. He told me that King tigers are more meaty and wood eaters then they are veggie. Thoughts? I'm currently making repashy super green and Grub pie.
    My Aquarium Journals:

LiveBearer Aquascape

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Merry Christmas back at you ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

2 Not allowed!
    S/he has beautiful markings.
    Sil's 2nd Time Around 75G...Journal
    Sil's 75G...Journal
    Sil's 20L...Journal
    Sil's 10G...Journal

RIP Deb, we miss you.

Real courage is moving forward when the outcome is uncertain~~Fortune Cookie

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Can''t give rep points, but great job on the diagnosis/treatment - Boundava   Sending you a geophagus to  tank you for your analytical powers! - discusluv   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by waylon101 View Post
    He seems to enjoy the heater. There is only one piece of driftwood in there since its a quarantine. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...294cba4573.jpg
    I would put a divider between him and the heater. The last thing you want is a pleco with heater burns.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a frontosa, to start your collection - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by waylon101 View Post
    Thanks for the tips everyone! I have a friend who used to work at an aquarium in Branson Missouri and he is really knowledgeable with plecos. He told me that King tigers are more meaty and wood eaters then they are veggie. Thoughts? I'm currently making repashy super green and Grub pie.http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...981b04856e.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d1f672f4c1.jpg
    They are omnivores and lean more on the meaty side, but don't forget they're veggies and wood.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

well done - mac   for you sick fish - mac   I'm sorry waylon!  Didn't mean at all to discredit you!  Sorry to hear of your crazy mean angelfish!  You taught me a lesson. - angelcraze2   For being a friendly memeber - mac   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fissh View Post
    They are omnivores and lean more on the meaty side, but don't forget they're veggies and wood.
    Awesome. Thank you!
    My Aquarium Journals:

LiveBearer Aquascape

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

So sorry, RIP Big Blue - Slaphppy7   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   You will win this battle against the nematodes. - RiversGirl   teacher/friend - marc4   

2 Not allowed!
    I feel repashy is perfect for plecos, they way they eat, and you can replicate natural grazing habits by coating rocks and letting it cool. When I had my tiger L002 plecos, they ate my DW, but I still fed them algae and cory cat tabs. Repashy grub pie is a real hit with all my carnivore fish. Soilent green for veggies. I'd use more of the grub pie and soilent green one occasion. Some plecos like BN eat soft algae in my tank, but they need DW available to them as well. Juvie BN plecos eat more algae, but as the fish grows, they go more for fibrous wood pieces from what I've seen. They like the hide under long pieces of decor, usually of they can squeeze themselves into a protective barrier. Good luck with him, he's awesome!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Question, I was thinking about getting another type of pleco but was warned by someone local to me that I will have to look for another genus so that they don't hybridize. Any suggestions. Tank is only 65 Gallons so I can't do any Panaques or things that will get huge.
    My Aquarium Journals:

LiveBearer Aquascape

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Can''t give rep points, but great job on the diagnosis/treatment - Boundava   Sending you a geophagus to  tank you for your analytical powers! - discusluv   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   

1 Not allowed!
    go to planetcatfish.com and do a search on the family loricaridae, and set the max to 5" with 100 results (max amount); you probably won't get past Ancistrus genus, and there are more. It will probably be easier to find ones that you want, and determine if they are in the same species as your current one.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a frontosa, to start your collection - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I've kept my king tigers in with BN pleco with out any problems, and there lots of different colors to chose from.